Different Bass Preamps in Recording Setup

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bass-me-up, Mar 15, 2014.

1. bass-me-up

bass-me-up

Check out my youtube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJHPfpwH2-XAfxjqUiPttfwYSjS2vqxDW&feature=c4-feed-u

Compare different bass preamps in a recording setup. This is not about which preamp is better than the other. In my opinion they are all great and have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Gear used: Modulus Graphite Quantum 5, Canare Wire Instrument Cable, M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Logic Pro X, Tegeler Audio Manufaktur, EBS Micro Bass, Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe.

Comments welcome :)
  2. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

Hard to respond to your "test" as these basslines are all played in a vacuum. As you say, "they all have their own strengths and weaknesses." What really matters is how they sound in context of a particular song's requirements. Even that is a matter of opinion.
  3. bass-me-up

bass-me-up

that's true ukiah.

it always depends on which works best in each individual song. but it helped me learn more about the basic sound of each preamp.
  4. sadowskyguy

sadowskyguy

Good work, bass-me-up. I love this kind of thing! This must have taken quite a bit of time to complete!
  5. Register to disable this ad