1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Digitech Bass Synth Wah, and its octave setting.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tomnomnom91, Jan 1, 2013.

1. tomnomnom91

tomnomnom91 Supporting Member

Has anyone here had much experience with the Digitech Bass Synth Wah? Specifically, how good is the octave effect? Is it clean, can you set it so you just get the lower octave as opposed to it blending with the octave that you're actually playing, and does it retain the tone? I've used octave pedals before and they've all totally destroyed my lovely Thunderbird tone when turned on. So, is the Digitech worth getting for this, or is there anything else in the same kind of price range that's especially good? I am just looking for the octave effect, but anything with other effects built in, like the Digitech, would be fine too.
  2. theLimeyBrit

theLimeyBrit Used Register Supporting Member

The BSW's octave can be set clean, but in my experience the tone still sounds rather artificial. If you're looking for a pedal that's going to exactly reproduce your Tbird tone, just an octave down, I don't think this is the one.

It's still a cool pedal though, probably the best bang for your buck if you're looking for something synthy.
  3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

I use the BSW mostly as an octaver, although it's an effect once in a while. I always liked its synthy octave tone. On type 7, I have the middle knob around 10-11 and the other two set at mininum. It worked out so well I ended up selling an MXR BOD. I find this pedal quite versatile, it does an good auto-wah effect and I've used it as a synthy fuzz a couple of times.