1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Digitech dirt shootout

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by H3R3T1K, Nov 27, 2013.

1. H3R3T1K

H3R3T1K

Which one do you like better and why? Also post your settings if you like.

I'm asking because I'm still looking for a decent dirt pedal and cannot spend much. I'm looking for some tubesounding dirt that I plan to always leave on. So nothing extreme, just making my SS amp sound more like a cranked up tube amp. I got the BM because it's cheap and well it's OK but think I'll compare it to the others. I've already read on here that the CM-2 is supposed to be the BM "done right". I'd like to know how it compares to the Bass Driver and a modded BM.
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Yep. Hardwire CM2. Like a Bad Monkey without the sucky sound :)
  3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

I've had a couple of unmodded BM and still have a BassDriver. The BMs were way too subtle, only felt the effect at maxed settings and those settings came with too much noise. The BassDriver is IMO an interesting pedal offering a multitude of tones and yeah, some of'em are good and some of'em suck. The blend, tone and morph knobs make the possibilities limitless and I really liked the SVT and ProCo settings. The VT Bass is my dirt pedal for now, but the BD did a decent job for me.
  4. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

I use a BassDriver and a Bass Big Muff Pi together and like the results. I know they are not the best on the market, but the price is right and they get the job done.
  5. H3R3T1K

H3R3T1K

Newbie question: What's the gain of using two pedals of the same type together? (OD and fuzz I mean) Will try the BM with the BD and CM-2.