DigiTech iStomp - $39.99 + all pedal downloads free

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by johnbegone, Jan 3, 2014.

1. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Media:
    EDIT: OUT OF STOCK again

Musician's Friend currently has the DigiTech iStomp available for $39.99 - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/digitech-istomp-downloadable-stompbox

Amazon is selling it for the same price, although it's currently out of stock for them (can still order and wait for shipment).

Couple this with the fact that for the last several months, DigiTech has allowed users to download ALL of the iStomp pedals via the Stomp Shop (iOS) for free (minus the Impossible Pedal). I counted, and I think that's 46 pedals.

I took a flyer on one because I've read decent things. It was not worth the $150 that it was originally priced at, but as a filler pedal I thought it'd be worth the $40 - as that is price substantially lower than any of the pedals it can model. If you can get one pedal that works well for you, it's worth the price. Mine will be here Monday.

2. Badmuthaplucka

Badmuthaplucka

I was about to post this! I was looking for a chorus pedal and I ran into this! Yep a $40 that you can make into whatever you want (including a nice chorus pedal:)). That's an awesome deal!

3. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

4. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. johnbegone

Media:
    They have supposedly fixed that issue. I picked up a lightning adapter for $15 on Amazon that i will try out Monday. Obviously if you have a new iPhone or iPad and don't have the adapter that raises the cost of ownership but I could find other uses for the adapter.

7. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Yeah, debating on whether to get the adapter...got a link for the one ya picked up?

8. johnbegone

Media:
    I read that at least one of the cheap generic adapters didn't work with the pedal. I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/iSmooth-Lightning-30-pin-Adapter-2014/dp/B00E5ON8ME/

It has great reviews. I can confirm Monday whether or not it works. The Apple one is confirmed to work.

EDIT: The 3rd party adapter did not work. As far as I can tell you HAVE to use the genuine Apple adapter.

9. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey

One of the reviews said it will only work with ios 4-6. Is that still accurate? I have the most updated ios...7 I think.

Edit: just read it has been updated for ios7.

10. Tonegasm

Tonegasm www.richwronski.com Supporting Member

I have one of these. Lots of fun.

11. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey

How are the effects? Seems like something fun to mess around with. Might be great for acoustic solo acts.

12. johnbegone

Media:
    First impression is that this generic adapter is not working. Trying to get my hands on an Apple one to try that. Will report back.

Edit: genuine adapter working like a charm. that makes this $40 pedal $70 all of the sudden if you only have a lightning device.

13. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    Sweet ordered 1 for me and 1 for my guitarist as his b'day is near and he has a 30 pin iPad!

14. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey

15. johnbegone

Media:
    I played around with it last night in headphones direct. Hard to tell about sound quality until I have the pedal in the rest of my signal chain going through my amp - but from what I could tell the sound quality was very high. The dirt pedals seemingly were not too friendly with the low end retention, but they did sound good.

I'm 50/50 on keeping it right now only because I don't have any need for it right now - it was more of a "hey, this is a great deal" type of purchase :)

16. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey

Yeah. I am thinking this will be better for guitar....so I will run a bass and a guitar through it and report back once I receive it.

17. Tonegasm

Tonegasm www.richwronski.com Supporting Member

Effects are quite good for guitar! Haven't tried for bass. My bass board is fine as is.

18. ole Jason

ole Jason

It sounds great on bass. Works fine on iOS 7

19. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Thanks for posting this. I ordered one. I also downloaded the software and all the pedals. Remarkable selection for $40 plus Amazon.com only charged me $12 to ship to Canada.

Looking forward to playing with it. My iPad 1 should work fine with it. iOS 5. Something. Ill post up my impressions when I get it. Thanks again.

20. ShonnaFan

ShonnaFan Supporting Member

Dumb question:

Can this be used as a standalone pedal? For example, load whatever effect you want on it from your i-device, then use it with your amp.

Or does it have to be connected to an iPhone or iPad the whole time.

21. johnbegone

Media:
    It's a standalone pedal always. Your iOS device is only there to load the effect. It takes 30-40 seconds to load new effects, so it's not like a multi-effect pedal. It's a single effect stomp box that you can change the firmware on for different algorithms.