1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

DiMarzio DP 126 P/J's vs SD Basslines

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Suntory, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Suntory

Suntory

Hi, I'm looking for feedback on the DiMarzio DP 126 P/J's. they are for a second bass and I'm not willing to spend too much on it.

SD Basslines are scooped and I now realize that could be why some notes are lost in the noise (punk) when I use my Jazzbass. I guess the stock Jbass pickups are also scooped and the mids aren't pronounced.

Emg's just don't sound woody to me and sound the same in everything they are in, no offense to Emg fans.

Anyone use DiMarzio's? Are they "dark" so they will have good mids? I've found good reviews on their Jazz pickups but haven't found anything on the P/J's

Cheers.
  2. Alexdeth89

Alexdeth89

That's weird, I swapped my pj SD basslines because they were TOO midrangey and I didn't like that tone
  3. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

Ive got the Dimarzio Ps and ABSOLUTELY love the sound. P bass tone on steroids~great output lows to highs...keeps up with my actives in output.
    I absolutely LOVE my P bass now. Highly recommend!
  4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

"basslines" is duncan's name for their entire bass pickup product line.

it's like saying my "chevy" doesn't have good gas mileage.
  5. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

The DiMarzio 126 Ps are amazing for rock. Powerful and the ultimate growly sound. However for a smooth sound, they were just too much and I went back to the Fender or Peavey pickups for Classic Rock and Blues. The Bassline SPB are much more like the Fenders than the 126.