1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Dimarzio Patent applied for P pickup-70s

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

This is old, like 70s maybe early 80s Dimarizo made. I looked up values and saw some in the $80 range on the high end.

Looks in good shape, all leads are there and seem long enough etc. I never have heard it, it was pulled out of a old fender and replaced with a different pickup as the owner said these were to hot for him, he told me they work and well thats what I have to go on.I just realized the lead connecting the 2 halves of the pickup together, the white and black wires above were cut and then spliced back together using electric tape, that can work fine but I dont like it. I am dropping the price $10. Any less i will just fix it and use it for a project bass.

If you need the screws to adjusted the pickup ( 4 screws/springs) let me know I will look around my parts bin.

EDIT the above, I found 4 height adjusted screws and springs if you need these let me know and i shall include them.

please ask any questions

[DEL]$60[/DEL]$50 shipped

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/U

2. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

3. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

These old PAF pickups are awesome.

4. funkbass187

funkbass187

Could you test the resistance on them?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. A-Step-Towards

I dont have whatever is needed to do .

I just realized the lead connecting the 2 halves of the pickup together, the white and black wires above were cut and then spliced back together using electric tape, that can work fine but I dont like it. I am dropping the price $10. Any less i will just fix it and use it for a project bass.

7. workdaddy

workdaddy Supporting Member

They are supposed to be like that----you need to join the white and black wires for series wiring

8. A-Step-Towards

Seriously? hmm imagine that I didnt know thats new to me, never heard of a P pickup like that. Price drop still stays.

9. workdaddy

workdaddy Supporting Member

Unless my eyes are deceiving me....but I don't see a splice in the white or black wires. I do see them joined, which is standard series wiring for these. Good price too

10. A-Step-Towards

Yes they are joined which all P pickups are but what I was referring to is the splice. They were joined together with electrical tape which is not a stock way any company would join two leads. I really don't know, I got these with my old P bass so away they go.

Thanks for the info tho

11. A-Step-Towards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.