!!Dimarzio two pickup wiring problem!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bottomend!, Mar 1, 2014.

1. bottomend!

bottomend!

I'm rewiring an 70's SD Curlee that I just purchased from another TB member. I broke through the sound barrier this week with my first ever fret install and now I'm ready to burn myself with the soldering iron. I have a recording session on Mon/Tues that I would love to use this thing for.

The bass wiring consists of;

-two Dimarzio P- bass pickups
    -a three-way PU selector switch
    -two volume controls
    -one tone control
    -two series/parallel switches
    -output jack.

I've spent a couple hours looking at schematics at the Dimarzio site and the closest thing I can find is this>>

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/2h2v2t_3waytoggle_2dpdtdualsnd.pdf

The issue is that I have to eliminate one of the tone controls of this schematic to make it work with my set up. How?

2. Crater

Crater

You'll remove the individual tone controls from each pickup, and put a single master tone control on the hot wire between the pickup switch and the output jack. The "center" wire from the pickup switch would go to the center terminal on the tone pot. One leg of the tone cap is soldered to the bottom terminal of the pot, the other leg of the tone cap is soldered to the pot case for grounding.

3. bottomend!

bottomend!