Dingwall Combustion 5 $799 @ Bass Northwest

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by TolerancEJ, Jan 25, 2013.

1. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

UPDATE: At least, as of Feb 7/2013, it looks like this Dingwall is gone. No longer on the website.

To begin, I'm not familiar with used prices of Dingwalls so this may or may not be a deal, but heregoes anyway. I just noticed a Dingwall Combustion 5 on the Bass Northwest website for $799.
  2. JoePlaysDaBass

JoePlaysDaBass Gold Supporting Member

That seems really low to me, too.
  3. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Last one I saw on TB sold for around 900-950. These are the overseas dingwalls.....not a bad deal if you want to try fanned frets!
  4. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

The web NEW prices are around 1200.00 I believe. Check for yourself, I am too lazy. I got an unscathed used one off E-bay with one of those expensive gig bags "rblues", for nine hundreds, and sumpin. Had a back buzz on the B my tech diagnosed as a nut cut too deep, but he fixed it.
    Stupid lightweight on the strap for a fiver but massive B and great between string balance. Personally I think the G string is too small gauge in the factory string set. Gonna try Payson next.
    If you have small hands and live in the first 5 fret spaces, you might not like these or AB's though.