1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Dingwall Combustion 5 $799 @ Bass Northwest

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by TolerancEJ, Jan 25, 2013.

1. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

UPDATE: At least, as of Feb 7/2013, it looks like this Dingwall is gone. No longer on the website.

To begin, I'm not familiar with used prices of Dingwalls so this may or may not be a deal, but heregoes anyway. I just noticed a Dingwall Combustion 5 on the Bass Northwest website for $799.
  2. JoePlaysDaBass

JoePlaysDaBass Gold Supporting Member

That seems really low to me, too.
  3. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Last one I saw on TB sold for around 900-950. These are the overseas dingwalls.....not a bad deal if you want to try fanned frets!
  4. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

The web NEW prices are around 1200.00 I believe. Check for yourself, I am too lazy. I got an unscathed used one off E-bay with one of those expensive gig bags "rblues", for nine hundreds, and sumpin. Had a back buzz on the B my tech diagnosed as a nut cut too deep, but he fixed it.
    Stupid lightweight on the strap for a fiver but massive B and great between string balance. Personally I think the G string is too small gauge in the factory string set. Gonna try Payson next.
    If you have small hands and live in the first 5 fret spaces, you might not like these or AB's though.