1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Dingwall in humid weather?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mexibass, Jan 28, 2013.

1. mexibass

mexibass

Hey guys, I decided to get myself a Dingwall ABZ, it's just that I wanted to know if any of u Dingwallers out there happen to live by the sea, like myself, and how do Dingwalls neck behave in this kind of weather. A follow-up question would be if do they need special or proprietary tools for setup like my Pedulla Rapture J2 and if any technician could set it up for me if needed. Thnx for ur help!
  2. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I believe if the Dingwall is exposed to humidity, the fanned frets will straighten.

lol Just kidding. I just had that image in my head.
  3. mexibass

mexibass

God I almost started panicking :p
  4. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Humidity is not going to hurt your guitar. In fact it's good for it as long as it's not beading up water.

Dry climates can hurt guitars over time.

Acoustics are very suceptable to this. It can happen over a few months for solid top and sides. Laminates are tough and it takes longer. This is why you'll see people selling humidifiers with acoustics, especially the nice stuff.

Although it's possible for dryness to effect a solid body, it's not likely and would take a long time.
  5. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing:D'Addario,Genz Benz,Truth Drums,Evans,SKB,Nordstrand pu's
    I'm in Houston and both my Dingwall ABII5 necks are very very stable. Sheldon has it down. No special tools required. All the allen wrenches you need come with the bass. ; )
  6. mexibass

mexibass

wow I always thought it was the opposite, that dry climate didn't affect much guitars!
  7. mexibass

mexibass

That solves my question about the tools! thnx a lot man... also, once i've got my bass I might be asking u about those multiscale strings of yours i never heard of before!
  8. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Actually a guitar's wood needs a certain degree of humidity. Some people, depending on their music room's environment need to pick up a humidifier.
  9. mexibass

mexibass

thnx everybody, I guess I'm not that worried now!
  10. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Actually, I believe they get very curly!:p

To the original OP, Sheldon's necks are extremely stable. They are carbon reinforced (at least the five and six strings are). You should have no worries.
  11. mexibass

mexibass

Thanks a lot for the input!