Diorama - Silverchair

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by cronker, Mar 16, 2014.

1. cronker

cronker

Stunning album. A showcase of a performer who can write music that appeals without sticking to a II-IV-V format. It's orchestral, vivid and demanding of your open ears.

That said Daniel Johns gives me the *****. Every time he releases an album, it's accompanied by a new media storm surrounding him.
    Anorexia, splits up with girlfriend, drug addiction - take your pick. Just know that he has an album coming out soon.

Still, probably one of the finest artists in Australia at the moment.
  2. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah VERY enthusiastic walks... Supporting Member

Media:
    Couldn't agree more...it was definitely his masterpiece IMO.

It was amazing how he could take what some people would consider a softer voice and write lyrics/music that cuts so sharply. He seemed to lose that on Young Modern, with the only song coming close to it being Those Thieving Birds/Strange Behaviour. Still though, the man's a freakin genius and the reason I started playing music in the first place! :bassist:
  3. KwanzaaLizard

KwanzaaLizard

I LOVE Diorama! First song I heard by them was Untitled which was a B-side that made it on the Godzilla soundtrack *shudder* but his soft voice is exactly what caught my attention. There's a nice bit of sludgy bass in there too...
  4. Toptube

Toptube

I think he probably suffered some vocal damage from touring Diorama and now has a smaller range. It happens fairly often. An artist writes a very dynamic album that stretches their capability and then they tour it night after night, with little rest.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

These guys were already as good if not better than some seasoned pros twice their age. I still find that amazing.
    Damn, I think I'll watch their first appearance on Letterman right now.