1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

dip switches in Schecter stiletto custom 5.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ABSOLONbassplyr, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ABSOLONbassplyr

ABSOLONbassplyr

Anyone know what the dip switches on my Stiletto custom 5 are for? It has passive p/u w/active EQ. There are 3 dip switches on one of the pots inside the back cover.
  2. ABSOLONbassplyr

ABSOLONbassplyr

actually it has only 2. they are on the bass pot here is a pic.
    [​IMG]
  3. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

IIRC, they shift the frequency for the treble control...

- georgestrings
  4. ABSOLONbassplyr

ABSOLONbassplyr

thank you. you wouldn't happen to know the freq's in each position would you? lol or maybe some place on the web that can tell me.
  5. georgestrings

6. ABSOLONbassplyr

ABSOLONbassplyr

oh man, thank you so much. i've been lookin for weeks. guess you gotta know where to look. lol thx again man.:D:D
  7. georgestrings

No prob, bud - I actually had a couple of their basses with that setup: a Stiletto Elite-5 and a Hellraiser 4... I wasn't impressed with the Stiletto, but miss the Hellraiser - I really liked it, and it was a fan favorite, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse - and down the road it went...

- georgestrings
  8. ABSOLONbassplyr

ABSOLONbassplyr

i really like the feel of the stiletto. thinkin about swapping in a set of bartolinis. love the color and finish on my, its vampyr red.
  9. georgestrings

Yeah, I think I got a dog - any manufacturer will put out one occasionally... Mine wasn't particularly a great player - and kinda disappeared in a band mix, whereas my Hellraiser 4 played great, and didn't disappear in a band mix...

- georgestrings
  10. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

I have that same bass and I wasn't impressed with the stock pups. A set of EMG DCs really helped.
  11. ABSOLONbassplyr

ABSOLONbassplyr

hey just wanted to say thx man. i played with the switches before our show last night. man i got it sounding f-ing awesome. I really love it now. lol I got it set up sweet, cuts thru when i need it to and is beefy as hell when i want . just wanted to say thx again. :bassist::bassist: