Dismiss Notice

Welcome to TalkBass.com!

Register your free account to unlock features including:

  • Post messages or start new discussions
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Upload images and video to our gallery
  • Enter free giveaways
  • Get rid of this notice, and much more :)

dirty rice overdrive mod!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mellowgerman, Jul 19, 2008.

  1. mellowgerman


    Jan 23, 2008
    I just got this dirty rice overdrive control from HAS sound and it is fantastic (it's the knob closest to the neck). It works just like a tone knob but you're able to dial in a little crunch with it. It's passive! Sounds and works a lot like tube overdrive, partially because it is based on your pickup's output. So the harder you dig in with your fingers, the more creamy drive you get in return. Attached are some soundclips for y'all. Let me know what you think.
    clean - http://www.disperseit.com/view.php?id=12094
    middle - http://www.disperseit.com/view.php?id=12095
    dirty - http://www.disperseit.com/view.php?id=12096
  2. More of a fuzz than an overdrive, but it's very cool for just that effect!

    You do your own electronics work on basses with F holes? You're a brave man... :)
  3. EBMatt


    Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    Wow. I need that...:smug:
  4. EBMatt


    Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    Did it effect the tone of your bass overall? Also, do have a link of where I can get it?
  5. Sponsored by:

  6. mellowgerman


    Jan 23, 2008
    this is where you can get it. they're only like 17 dollars. quite the deal.
    it doesn't really change the tone at all. just breaks it up a little. sounds a tad quieter but i expected it would since it's just breaking up the existing signal.

    and no i didn't install it myself. i took it to a local shop. i wouldn't dare haha
  7. EBMatt


    Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    What cap did you get?
  8. mellowgerman


    Jan 23, 2008
    i just got the standard version with the split shaft
  9. sifi2112


    Feb 5, 2009
    Sorry to bring up this old thread but I've got this push/pull pot (I think) from Stan (HAS Sound) but his site's no longer running so can't check ... look anything like yours ?



    Attached Files:

Play guitar too? Become a founding member of TalkGuitar.com