Disappointed with Barefaced customer service.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Otso, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Otso

Otso

I bought a Barefaced Big Twin T earlier this year. About a month ago I noticed that the rubber on one of the sidehandles was torn and I sent an email with a picture of the handle to Barefaced. Alex replied and asked me to send a better picture and said that he'd send me a new one. Well three emails and at least three weeks later there's no reply from Barefaced and no handle. I got lucky that it was just a faulty handle and not a driver, as apparently at Barefaced the old customers aren't important. I can understand that they have a lot of orders at the moment, but marketing isn't just about getting new customers, it's also about maintaining customer relations, because the people that already have good experiences with the company are more likely to deal with it again, that is IF they have good experiences...

2. rodl2005

rodl2005

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

How did the handle get damaged?? Did the rubber just tear or did it get torn?? If the handle failed because of a faulty manufacturer error that's one thing. Getting torn in the van or through rough handling or even just wear and tear is another.

4. Otso

Otso

I've played two gigs with the cab, so it really can't be just wear and tear.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've known Alex for years through here long before he started Barefaced, and he's an honorable guy as far as I can see.

7. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

My brand new Trace cab had some tolex fly off it, I blame the drummer.

8. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection. Supporting Member

+1

9. alexclaber

alexclaber

Disclosures:
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Hi Otso,

Posting you your replacement handle is on my to-do list! I saw from the photos that your handle is still completely functional, it's just an aesthetic issue of the rubber cover over the steel having frayed - if it was a functional issue I'd have sorted it more quickly.

Best regards,

Alex

10. Otso

Otso

Thanks for replying and sorting the problem. I got a bit impatient I guess... :D