1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Divorce-is-imminent sale: Yamaha BB200 Bass upgraded w/ DiMarzio pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

As some of you know, my wife of almost 9 years (relationship of almost 13 years) and I are on the outs. I won't get into it here, there's already a thread I started a few days ago where many TB members chimed in with sound advice. The good news is, my wife doesn't want anything of mine, and we've been on good (as good as possible) terms. She makes more money than me, and I hope to be able to keep MOST of my gear, but the low-hanging fruit will be the first to go.

I bought this early 90s Yamaha BB200 from Bobby King with the intent on turning it into a double reverse-P bass ala Lee Sklar. That ended up getting too pricey so I instead planned to donate it to a school of rock for mostly-underprivileged kids. Then this relationship sh*tstorm started, and I realized I need all the money I can get. So here it is. I hope to keep my other more-expensive basses, but we'll see how everything shakes out.

Black, alder body, maple neck/ rosewood fingerboard, w/DiMarzio DP127 Split P pickup (original pickup also included but you will need to add lead wires) 8.6 lbs. Regular play wear from a 20 year old instrument but overall in good condition.

The older Yamaha BB series basses are really good instruments at a bargain price. Essentially a Precision bass, but higher quality than a lot of MIM and Squier basses, in my opinion. I believe the neck is about 1.625" wide at the nut, which my big hands appreciate. It seems to have fairly new strings and the setup feels pretty good.

I need $200 + shipping to recover what I spent and I'll throw in a cheap Musician's Friend gig bag as well. Open to other offers, but absolutely no trades.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. TimBosby

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

A couple more pics.

Attached Files:

3. TimBosby

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

And a couple more.

Attached Files:

4. TimBosby

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

Hump Day bump day.
  5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    209   0   0

Pm sent
  6. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

These are really nice basses. The pickup upgrade is the only thing these basses may (or may not) need.

GLWTS!
  7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    209   0   0

Remember that set of Yo'mama'ha electronics set you shipped to me eons ago ? They might get a new home!

I seriously need a utility bass, something unbreakable for the open mic's I do. I so hate to see people slapping on the TIJF's I string up with... This beastie ought to serve the bill nicely. I'm thinking the stoutest Elixers they sell...
  8. jelly6466

jelly6466 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

My main bass is one of these with a Quarter Pounder. Cuts through and makes yourkidneys ache from juicy low end goodness.
  9. TimBosby

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

Sorry didn't check this thread til now. It's sold!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.