1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Divorce sale: Gold Epiphone Jack Casady bass upgraded with Hipshot bridge & tuners

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

The only thing worse than divorce is living with your ex in the middle of all of it :meh: Fortunately she's moving out next weekend while we wait for the house to sell.

I figured it was only a matter of time before my money ran low and I was forced to sell a bass or two. I think I should be able to get away with only selling two. Following the "last in, first out" mentality, this Epiphone gold-top Jack Casady will be the first to go. A truly sweet bass, made even sweeter by the Hipshot Supertone bridge and Hipshot Ultra-Lite tuners.

Here's the product info:
    http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Bass/Jack-Casady-Signature-Bass.aspx

Here's a link to the Hipshot bridge:
    http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=264

The Hipshot is much sturdier, plus lets you intonate the saddles without the thread wrapping get in the way. Rather than changing string height by raising the bridge via the inserts, the Hipshot raises the individual saddles.

Here are some pics, from a previous owner, before the mods were done:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll try to take more post-mod pics later but I'm so busy with work, getting my house ready to sell, and my band playing a St. Paddy's Day show tomorrow that I'm not sure when that will be.

The bass is in good shape (a few minor scratches here and there, and the original tuner holes show on the back but are not glaringly obvious) and comes with the original case. I'll take $575 shipped or best reasonable offer. Despite what's going on in my life, I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it. Absolutely no trades.
  2. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

IS yours made in Korea or China?
  3. TimBosby

Korea, if I'm not mistaken.
  4. TimBosby

Post St. Paddy's Day hangover bump!
  5. TimBosby

Hump Day bump. Let's do this!