1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

DIY double SVF bass preamp help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by garfoid, Feb 19, 2014.

1. garfoid

garfoid

So, I'm planning on building this state variable filter preamp.

Before posting the schematic I'll explain my idea and where I'm stuck.

My bass has two humbuckers.I want to build two exactly equal SVF'rs.Each one will be connected to one pickup alone.Each one affects only one of the pickups.
    Each SVF has an input impedance of around 330k and an output impedance of less than 1k.
    So far so good.
    Once the SVF's have been installed I wanted to know what is the best way of getting a full clean blend of the two signals baring in mind that a Blend(MN) tapper pot is preffered over two volumes or a 3 way toggle switch.
    In the end I'll use a Master volume(It is always a useful tool).

So, conclusions!?
    Should the blend pot go straight into a master pot, or do I take the risk of not getting a perfectly balanced and equally proportional rottary blend!?This means, should there be another active stage after the blend pot so that I have a smooth and fully experience of the blending!?

Here's the schem:[​IMG]