SOLD DIY F-1X style preamp in compact package

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by scowboy, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

I bought this preamp here on TB last year. I used it for quite a while with a Radial JDI and then went another direction.

Works really well and is quiet. It's enclosed in a nice solid case. Schematic can be provided at time of sale.

I'm asking $85 shipped CONUS, paypal ok.

Here is what the guy I bought it from last year said in his posting:
    Years ago I had an Alembic F-1X and I really liked it. I did a lot of touring with it, but I always hated flying with it because of it's weight and size. Then I got into some DIY stuff and decided to build one. Anyhow, after building this one I built an amp with 2 of these in it. I've always used this one for recording because it's so small and easy to deal with, but I've got another one of these in a different package and I've got the hankering for something else. That is the reason I'm selling it.

Differences in this pre vs. the real deal include:
    -no crossover
    -no output transformer; just 1/4" output
    -no bright switch. This is easy to add with 1 cap.
    -slightly modified circuit for cleaner tone. Can be modified back to original but don't ask me to do it: I think it sounds better as is.

Size is 7.5"x2.5"x5"
    Not sure on weight - a couple pounds or so.

I've used it for a lot of recording and gigging where I've run it directly in to a powered speaker.

I'd prefer to sell to someone with some kind of DIY sense, just in case it ever needs to be opened up - there's 300 volts of DC inside. That being said, I have never had a single problem with this pre in the 4 or so years I've had it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
  3. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

PM responded. Looks like this baby is sold.

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
  5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.