1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

DIY F-1X style preamp in compact package

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by scowboy, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

I bought this preamp here on TB last year. I used it for quite a while with a Radial JDI and then went another direction.

Works really well and is quiet. It's enclosed in a nice solid case. Schematic can be provided at time of sale.

I'm asking $85 shipped CONUS, paypal ok.

Here is what the guy I bought it from last year said in his posting:
    Years ago I had an Alembic F-1X and I really liked it. I did a lot of touring with it, but I always hated flying with it because of it's weight and size. Then I got into some DIY stuff and decided to build one. Anyhow, after building this one I built an amp with 2 of these in it. I've always used this one for recording because it's so small and easy to deal with, but I've got another one of these in a different package and I've got the hankering for something else. That is the reason I'm selling it.

Differences in this pre vs. the real deal include:
    -no crossover
    -no output transformer; just 1/4" output
    -no bright switch. This is easy to add with 1 cap.
    -slightly modified circuit for cleaner tone. Can be modified back to original but don't ask me to do it: I think it sounds better as is.

Size is 7.5"x2.5"x5"
    Not sure on weight - a couple pounds or so.

I've used it for a lot of recording and gigging where I've run it directly in to a powered speaker.

I'd prefer to sell to someone with some kind of DIY sense, just in case it ever needs to be opened up - there's 300 volts of DC inside. That being said, I have never had a single problem with this pre in the 4 or so years I've had it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    Pm sent.
  3. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

PM responded. Looks like this baby is sold.
  4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    And paid
  5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.