DIY Pedalboard: Making it Stick

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Splintered Skul, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

So I decided that I'm going to build a few DIY pedalboards with various types of wood and scrap metal I have laying around (for both myself and as gifts to some friends). I have a lot of scrap sheet wood, pallets, wood with molding, cabinetry, small sheets of metal, angled metal joints and a crate lid; so I'm excited with what I'll be able to come up with :D. My only question is what exactly to put on top so I can secure my pedals to them. Right now I just have 3 on the floor, though one does have strips of Godlyke tape on it. More than likely I would use this on the rest of the pedals I get for consistency's sake. I would like to keep the boards looking cool and custom, so it would be cool if I could either do something minimal or something decorative. I would like it if the design of the top of the board wasn't completely covered. The only thing I can think of right now is just strips of velcro. I'm also thinking possibly felt (that Godlyke stuff sticks really well to carpet) but I have not tested that yet. Any suggestions?
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
  4. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

I'd say that would probably cover my needs haha. Would the Godlyke tape that's already on one of my pedals connect fine to regualr velcro? Or would I need to take it off and put regular velcro on
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dStar

dStar Supporting Member

7. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

8. dStar

dStar Supporting Member

Uh, yeah, that's what I said... ;)
  9. EricssonB

EricssonB

[​IMG]

Mine don't move. Just offering another idea.
  10. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

I used to use old credit card plastic, membership cards etc.... But these get brittle over time - they do last a while though... After a few years of plastic strips, last week I changed over to solder tags. One end screws under the pedal using extant screws and the other end becomes a lug to screw down to the board.
  11. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

Hmm, I think I may go with the 3M that way the mushroom heads on the pedal I already have match up. And if it holds stronger and lasts longer..