1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

DIY Rosin Holder

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by Rastus_01, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Rastus_01

Rastus_01

"Where did I put my Rosin?" a common call from me in our cluttered music / rehearsal room. I always imagined some fancy cup mounted somewhere accessible, maybe on a mic stand, but as always the simple solution worked out best for me. As a 60/40% Pizz Arco player I have found this to be incredibly useful.

A cheap (thin) wire coat hanger, a pair of pliers and a file to soften the ends is all it took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been using this for about six months now and have not felt the need to change the design. The bow slides in and out of the quiver without catching, The rosin is partially hidden so it is not too ugly and it doesn't touch my bass no matter how the quiver flops around. Most importantly it is out of the way yet easily accessible for that quick swipe before a song.

I found it to be very convenient and hope this is of some use to somebody else.

Cheers,
    Rastus

Attached Files:

• View.JPG
      View.JPG
      File size:
      236.9 KB
      Views:
    • Wire.JPG
      Wire.JPG
      File size:
      117.7 KB
      Views:
  2. DoubleMIDI

DoubleMIDI

Great if you have a stand for your bass, but I think I would forget to remove the rosin when I lay down the bass on the floor.

3. bassics1975

bassics1975

Very clever! Necessity is the mother of all invention.

4. NicholasF

NicholasF Guest

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Champagne

Champagne

HA! Now if you invented something that could find lost rosin.....

Thursday I was left with a 3-year old cake of pops because my kolstein and fresh cake of pops vanished with 1/2 my pairs of sox.

7. AndreyR

AndreyR

Just made one. Before that, the percussion curator of my college kept finding it on stage.

I put superglue on tips of the cut ends so there's a guarantee the ends will not scratch anything.

8. bejoyous

bejoyous

Very clever.

You could probably do something similar to hold a microphone for that "old school" sound.