1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

DNA Amplification are the still around?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by gwangi, Oct 18, 2013.

1. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Yes I was wondering if DNA Amplification was still around, I tried finding the website but it looks like it's gone.

2. bobcruz

bobcruz

3. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Hey Bob thank you, I googled DNA bass amplification and Davids name and nothing would come up is why I was curious but once again thanks.

4. bobcruz

bobcruz

The website looks a little stale ("news" from early 2012) and maybe doesn't get too much traffic--it was probably on a deeper page than you'd expect from a Google search.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tim Craig

Tim Craig Supporting Member

Apparently so. Bass Central has a new "Helix". Lightweight, high-powered micro + compressor at a pricey $1,495...looks sweet.

Attached Files:

7. KJung

KJung

Bass Central is rather notorious for having 'vaporware' on their website. They had the Epifani 902 for sale literally YEARS before it actually made it to market.

8. PENLIYL

PENLIYL Supporting Member

I think DNA is DOA. Dated website content & broken links, stale social media posts, etc. Also I know my local resource, Bass San Diego, has dropped the line completely.

Not a good look if they are still in biz.

9. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    BASS4yourFace!
    I read somewhere they were working on a new website.

10. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

I did read DN was working with Marshall on some bass combos, maybe trying to re-bolster Eden after Marshall bought them?

11. Gladowsky

Gladowsky

Any update on DNA?

12. PENLIYL

They released the Helix 1350 head. I saw it at NAMM along with the cabs and David.

13. Gladowsky

Gladowsky

Does anyone know which type of speakon cables will work for the DNA cabinets and how they are wired? Do they have input for NL4MP connectors? I'm not sure if I ordered the right one (a 4-conductor).

14. KJung

KJung

Nope... they have been 'releasing' that head for years now. Seems like they are still around. The head continues to be vaporware, with a fantasy release date (I saw pretty much the same head at the 2011 Winter NAMM, and Dave said it would be shipping by March :D

15. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

16. KJung

KJung

I would guess that is the prototype:bag:

That being said, I assume it has to come out one of these days. It's been promised for quite a few years now.

edit: LOL... the DNA Helix 1200 is listed for sale on the Bass Central site. 'Order now'. That has been up for two+ years. Looks like DNA has a whole line of non-existent amps. Maybe next year, they will introduce the DNA Helix 1450 as an upgrade and improvement over the 1350, which seems to be an upgrade of the 1200.

17. vision

vision

18. PENLIYL

The Helix 1350 is coming out in March/April. I checked it out at NAMM and spoke with David. It's my understanding that several dealers have it ordered.

IMO: Got to respect a guy who holds back on releasing his gear until it's ready for prime time. His cabs are absolutely stellar, so you got to give him props on quality.

19. Gladowsky

Gladowsky

Just purchased a DNS-112N. It is a keeper. Great deep, fat sound from a 35 pound cabinet (used my Mesa M-Pulse 600 to power it).

Great amp + Great cabinet - my playing mistakes = Great satisfaction

20. Art Araya

Art Araya

Ive been enjoying my DNS210 cab quite a bit. Excellent cabinet.

21. PENLIYL

I just picked up 2 DNA 112C's. My new killer rig.