1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

DNA: DNS-112N Speakon Cable Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Gladowsky, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Gladowsky

Gladowsky Supporting Member

I'm needing a Speakon cable ASAP for a DNS-112N Cabinet that I'm ordering. Was wondering if anyone here knew if a 4-pin cable would work.

I'm looking at this heavy-duty cable:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S114NN3#

My power amp. is a QSC1104. According to the manual one of the channels will accept a 4-pin so I know that side is good.

Thanks.
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

That speaker cable will work, but you dont need anything that heavy duty (the wiring inside the cab is probably 14/16ga and it wont make a difference in that short of a run). Also it is really cheap and easy to build your own speakon cables. All you need is a screw driver and a knife/wire stripper. Buy bulk cable and ends, and roll your own. For way less than $60.
  3. Gladowsky

Thanks very much for the information. I may be returning the cable for something less expensive.
  4. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    11 gauge wire is overkill for a cable that short.
    And, unless you're biamping, you don't need 4 conductors.
  5. Gladowsky

Thanks. I'm learning quickly.
  6. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Just whack a chunk off an old extension or appliance cord and put SpeakOn connectors on it, using the +1 and -1 of the connectors. (Ignore the green/safety ground wire, if the cable has one.)