1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

DNA DNS 2x 210 vs 410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Rev. Cornelius, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Rev. Cornelius

Rev. Cornelius Supporting Member

Hi Everyone:

As anyone had the chance to compare 2x 210 8 ohm DNA DNS against a 4 ohm DNA DNS 410?

What would I gain or what would I loose each way?
    FYI running a Demeter HBP into a QSC PLX 1602.

Thanks
  2. PENLIYL

PENLIYL Supporting Member Supporting Member

Never done an A/B test on 2 210's vs a 410 although I have owned one of each. I recently sold both and switched to a pair of DNA 112's.

My 410 was an awesome cab but way too much power for the gigs I play, and my 210 was overkill as a practice cab. Before I sold my 410 I A/B'd it against my 112's, and found the pair of 112's to be more than enough volume and better overall tone.

You might want to consider the 2 112's as another option unless you need a massive amount of output.
  3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

The 410 is just way too loud for the majority of bar gigs I used to do. I can get away with just one DNS 210 for many gigs - granted my tone had plenty of low mids, grind and midrange in it. Still had some decent low end response though. I have run one or two DNS 210's for about 100 gigs and I have never needed anything more than that. All going up against two guitar players who understand volume constraints coupled with a VERY LOUD punk style drummer. One 210 for smaller gigs, two 210's vertically stacked for bigger gigs.

The single 12 DNS cab has a great tone with more high end roll off in the 2khz range than the 210. For pick playing, the extra grind and clarity from the 210 cabinet is crucial for me. The 112 cab however, had a warm fingerstyle tone immediately. Any vintage tone enthusiasts or those who like thumpy/flatwound tones should go grab some of these cabs. Not to say the 112 was lacking in high end, it just has less of it to start.
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

A tall stack of 210 has it all over 4x10. Far better monitoring, far better room dispersion.