1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Do EBS cabinets have much or any coloration?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Veldar, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Veldar

Veldar

Hello, I'm currently planing my next rig upgrade and decided I wanted to use the Pod HD Pro amp modeler as my preamp and use a 800 Watt bridged power amp, but I need a cabinet that doesn't color as my Pod will be emulating a cab anyway.
    So do they color and if they do can I have any suggestions as alternatives, and please don't suggest PA's unless they in a normal looking cabinet, It may sound dumb but I want my rig to look Like a normal rig.

Cheers, Sam.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    All cabs add color. No such thing as a "colorless" cab.
  3. Veldar

Veldar

Yes but there have to be cabs with less colouring than others and heard EBS cabs were like that and was wondering about people's experences with them.
  4. Groove Doctor

Groove Doctor

My mate with an AxeFX for guitar is getting the new Atomic CLR. Works for bass too. You can get them in cab or wedge format. Full range flat response, powered 700W(?). It's designed for what you're asking for.

Breaks tradition so there's plenty of nay-sayers. Think Bergantino IP series....
  5. Bass Clef

Bass Clef

If I was you I'd go down to Bass Gear Direct in Sydney and go listen to the Euphonic Audio, Glockenklang and Bergantino speaker cabs. All these are known for being fairly transparent and accurate in reproducing the natural tone of your bass.