1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Do I ONLY need new pots?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Iheartreverb, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

Hi all,

I usually play my Ric copy in the middle position but I'm finding it hard to tweak.
    Basically what I'm finding is,

In middle position if I roll either of the volume pots past 3/4 full I completely lose them in this position (so if I roll the treble volume off a bit the tone will be the same as the neck on its own).

I assume that I need new pots with a higher tolerance but wanted to check.
    It's just that the whole thing isn't as versatile as it should be on this pos.

Just to clarify, it isn't wired to become master vol/master tone in the middle as some are.

Thanks in advance guys