Do my eyes deceive me?!?!? Brubaker Brute in SINGLECUT??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pablomigraine, Feb 13, 2011.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist and MI Professional... see profile
    [​IMG]

If kevin is going to offer the already pretty nasty Brute in a SC I think I may just die..........

Ladies and Gentleman.... if this is what I think it is.... we are witnessing the birth of the very FIRST mid-priced, import single-cut bass ever...

excited!!

2. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Um...you see a Brute sign and basses that are not Brutes

/excitement

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

I almost had a heart attack, but those are not Brutes. Notice the bridge and pickups.

Those must be Kevins new 'mid priced' line, which I read are going to be around $2k.

4. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist and MI Professional... see profile
    Good enough for me!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Yeah, I was going to add that there had been a bit of talk about KXB Standards (standard builds and finishes, USA CNC'd) that I believe are or are going to be a bit above $2K

But, we really can't just look at a picture like that and tell if that's what they are...and actually, if that white one is fretless, it might be a custom.

7. johnnybass01

johnnybass01 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Edorsing artist: Brubaker Guitars
    This brought up a very good Idea, if he would make an Import Brute single cut for about 1000.00 would anyone go for it , I know I would.. What he could do is just the same as he did with the brute , but make it a single cut with the same size pickups he has in his KXB standard , so you could upgrade it as you like , offer it in the same finish's as the brute series. Come on KEVIN are you listening . you would be the first builder to offer a single cut import . If you make it they will sell !!!!!!!!!

8. johnnybass01

Disclosures:
    I mean I would love a single cut bass but really don't want to pay two plus grand for one. you would give us budget player's something to be proud of..

9. johnnybass01

Disclosures:
    Okay now I'm on a roll . I even got a name for it (THE BRUTUS) get it , it will take the Brute series to new levels, I can only hope that he will see the potential for this and make my dream come true..

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Dammit, I may have to go over Kevin's place and check these out. He lives 10 min from me and I've been there before. Hell of a nice guy!

11. FakeWhiteMan

FakeWhiteMan

Even 2 grand would still be a deal in the single cut world.

12. johnnybass01

Disclosures:
    Yeah I hear you but if you think about what it would cost to have it made In Asia 1000 to1200 would be easy to achieve and from what I have heard the KBX is around 2500 in reality, I mean you can get a dingwall combustion for about 1200 but I would rather have the option for a single cut brute in that same price range .

13. FakeWhiteMan

FakeWhiteMan

Would be nice and more than likely a great seller.

14. johnnybass01

Disclosures:
    So how do we push this idea to Brubaker . does he check out these forums , how do we get his creative genius to take this further than just a dream.

15. johnnybass01

Disclosures:
    The only thing that I would see to be a problem would be the neck pocket , to keep the cost down he would have to use a pickgaurd. but I don't think that would be a problem he could even set it up with the same electronics package that he has on the brute series, I am not opposed to j pickups. And he could use satin finish on the Nato wood he use's for the bodies , and offer the custom flame maple pickgaurds .So what do we do ? send him an email? How do we get him to think about this?

16. FakeWhiteMan

FakeWhiteMan

IDK how to pitch the idea to him, but if he finds a way to make a nice SC in the ~2k range, they would be flying off the shelves.

17. johnnybass01

Disclosures:
    If I were a builder , I would see the potential there .he is already one of the more prominent single cut builders .and he does this in a bolt on neck version in the first place, which is not typical in the single cut bass world.I don't think tooling for it would be an issue and he could offer another bass for the mass's .I mean typically single cut bass's are more of a boutique build and are unavailable to most players on the financial end of things.I would be number one on the list to buy one for sure , but for my to buy a KXB standard would force me to liquidate a couple basses and I have never been able to fathom a bass over two grand anyway, after all it's only wood right LOL

18. brubakerguitars

brubakerguitars

Alright...who wants a single cut Brute for around or under $1200.00?? Come on TBers - it's time to step up! lol!

19. johnnybass01

Disclosures:
    I do , I know what it takes you guys to build a bass and really I do understand the amount of time , and the quality of workmanship ,along with electronics . And every brubaker I have seen is a work of art.boldly go where no one has an inexpensive import single cut.

20. DougD

DougD Bassman7654 Supporting Member

MEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!LOL
    Ok where the hell is Brad??

21. johnnybass01

Disclosures:
    He's listening so chime in Tber's. And Kevin start a poll thread to see how much interest there is , and can I sign up for number one.and here is a testament to your brute series we were playing after a Motown tribute band the other night and I got there early about ten minutes before there last set and there bassist had a tuner strip out on his Marcus miller jazz bass ,I offered him to finish his last set with my brute and he didn't want to give it back, and also said what did this set you back about 1200.00 . I just laughed and said not quite