Do Warwick serial numbers tell you the day the bass was built?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by jamestown94west, Jan 22, 2013.

1. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

I just got a thumb, and I know enough about the serial number to know the bass was built in September of '01. I was just wondering if the day it was built is in the serial number as well?
  2. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I know you can enter your serial number on the Warwick website. It's been awhile since I looked up & registered my bass. I know it says the year, but can't remember if the date also appeared.
  3. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

I don't own a computer at the moment. I've tried to enter my serial number on their website but unfortunately the browser on my phone gets all wonky when I try it.
  4. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Yeah, my iPhone doesn't seem to get along very well with their website either. Maybe Android users have better results. I can imagine WarwickOfficial (Garey) is swamped with NAMM-related activities. I'm sure he will be able to help when he's back here. Heck, he could probably tell you which employee(s) actually put it together.
  5. Herrick

Herrick

Hi Jamestown. I'm pretty sure the day isn't part of the serial number.

Edit: I see a Warwick Corvette Standard 5 for sale on eBay & the seller says that the serial number shows the bass was made 4/28/2008. So I guess I was wrong :)
  6. Buslady7803

Buslady7803

It goes Month- Serial- Year

A: january
    B: Feb
    C: March...etc

Mine was built June 2002 so it is F ##### 02
  7. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

I had already figured that much out about the serial number. My bass was built in September of 2001. Being an American that month of that year was kind of a big deal. My birthday is 9/11, as is my lifelong best friend, and my beloved grandpa died 09-09-2001, so I'm trying to determine if my bass was made that same part of the month.
  8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    jamestown94west - PM with your serial number, and I will see what I can find out. Thanks!
  9. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

I sent you an email via talkbass just now!