Do you bring coffee into the bathroom?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Apr 14, 2014.

?

Would you bring coffee or other food into the bathroom?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. No

100 vote(s)
    61.3%
  3. Maybe

17 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Only tuna noodle casserole becuase it tastes like a toilet already

5 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Just went into our mens room and a guy followed behind me with a cup of coffee in his hand. He set it down on the sink and took care of his business.
    Our men's room is somewhat buys so it always has stench of processed food. We have three stalls and two standing room only.
    I wouldn't bring coffee or any food into the bathroom. The whole thing grosses me out. I imagine that stench seeping into my food and ruining it. :spit:
    I know it is probabably irrational thinking on my part but it is how I feel.
    Would you bring coffee for other food into the bathroom?
  2. Thisguy

Thisguy

Just.. No. Now for a full body shudder.
  3. slobake

Oops wrong forum. Maybe a kind hearted mod will move this into off topic for me. :bag:
  4. noagreement

noagreement

Have you ever played your bass while taking care of business in the bathroom?? Now there's a forum appropriate topic.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

I'm not sure it's ever even occurred to me.

But it does remind me of something my best friend when I was 15 years old told me:

"You should try eating coffee yogurt while taking a dump. Really reinforces the notion that our bodies are just one big tube."
  7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Depends on which bathroom we're talking about, and what activity you have in mind in said bathroom. Bringing and eating food in a public restroom or the restroom at work - no way. A coffee or beer while soaking in my own bathtub - love it.
  8. CapnSev

CapnSev Supporting Member

The best part is that this poll shows up on the home page when you pull up the website.
  9. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

I make it a habit to limit the bathroom to the discharge of food items as opposed to the
    intake of food items
  10. Thisguy

Thisguy

I actually have. The bathroom was stage right and close. We were coming up on a break and I had to pee really bad. Singer could sense the urgency and called out another song while looking at me and grinning. I had a wireless and a need that had to be filled. Just used hammerons while the bathroom patrons just stared at me laughing. :bassist:
  11. tonym

tonym Supporting Member

In my office there is a doctor that frequently walks into the men's room with his coffee, sets it on top of the urinal, unzips and then slurps his coffee as he urinates. Zips, picks up the coffee and walks out without washing his hands. Ugh.
  12. BruceWane

BruceWane

The bathroom at my work is very low traffic and right by the break room where the coffee pot is, so yeah, I'll take my cup with me if the need for both resources coincide..... cup gets parked well away from the "active areas" though.

Food? Nah.
  13. SasquatchDude

SasquatchDude

Yeah, no big deal for me. I'll just set it on top of an unused sink or the paper towel dispenser/blow dryer while I do my business and wash my hands so I don't touch the cup with the same fingers I touched myself with.
  14. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

No - that's totally gross!!!
  15. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

When I was a smoker, I would smoke on the toilet. I've never ingested any food or liquids though. Gross.
  16. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

I never really thought about it. I work in an office environment and I will pretty regularly bring a Starbucks cup into the bathroom and set it on the sink while I take care of (no. 1) business. Though our bathroom isn't that busy and I don't know if I would do so with an un-lidded coffee cup. (As if the lid provides little more than psychological protection). I also adhere to the dive second rule, though never in a men's room.
  17. cableguy

cableguy

Food, hell no. Coffee, yes. But I live in Seattle where coffee is the new heroin.......:bag:
  18. slobake

Hi Bass Guitar folks. Can you see all the great stuff in Off Topic you are missing? :bag: :p
  19. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Nope. Talkbass with my iPad keeps me busy enough.
  20. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

No, that's disgusting. I always cringe when I see people do that.

I'm all for combining my efforts and getting up once to use the bathroom and grab coffee/water/etc. but I will always leave the mug/bottle/etc. outside of the bathroom on a shelf or something that's clean...
  21. Jay Q

Jay Q Supporting Member