1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Do You Feel Strongly About Mixing Brands?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by the yeti, Feb 26, 2014.

1. the yeti

the yeti

in your PA i mean. is it a big deal to you? why?

i've been using EV sx250a's as tops with a QSC hpr181 sub. gonna move the EVs to monitor duty and get some new tops. is there any particular reason i should confine my search to QSC products? anything this question brings to mind that might be pertinent is appreciated. (i do listen w/my ears instead of my eyes already though.)
  2. modulusman

modulusman

With powered speakers I think it is a good idea to stay with the same brand since they are probably designed to work together. That being said my band uses JBL PRX 535s with QSC HPR 181 subs it seams to work alright.
  3. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

No reason whatsoever.
  4. Frankjohnson

Frankjohnson

If I could afford to - I would.

I have gravitated towards Carvin for small-med sized setups this past year/2. But I LOVE QSC for power amps. I added a crest - because it is like my "utility amp" - I can tie it in where I need to - but would rather add more QSC power if I could. My speakers are JBL and Carvin. I use the JBLs mostly as house at one location, and the carvins on the go - since they are about half the weight.

I hope in 3-5 years to build a new system - and intend for it to be MUCH better - steps up in quality/ability from where I am now. This has been my "learning system"......so maybe not the response you were looking for - but my thoughts.

So far - they all work and play well together
  5. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Not a bit worried here.
  6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

I'm a bit peculiar when it comes to my bass rig, I want things to be matched.
    PA ? Everything goes as long as it works.
    There is so much gear to a PA system, I can't afford to be too specific.
  7. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Tops: BFM
    Sub: fEARful
    Monitors: Home made
    Amps: Peavey, QSC
    Mixer and rack gear: Peavey, Behringer, Art, Presonus, Yamaha.
  8. dropbass

dropbass

my 2x10 is a rescue peavey cab.. it was solid wood so I sanded and stained it mahogany and loaded it w celestions.. bottom is ampeg amps vary gk, peg ,swr any pa me can muster up. ...
  9. the yeti

the yeti

:)
  10. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Have you ever wondered why this stuff is designed to meet certain specifications WRT input/output impedance, voltage and frequency response?
  11. the yeti

the yeti

not really? what's your point? not being argumentative or unreceptive, i legitimately don't get it.
  12. the yeti

the yeti

wait, are you saying they're all interchangeable and ABLE to be used together? i wasn't really asking about whether it was a possibility- i already stated in the op i was doing that now. i was asking about peoples preference/experience and the reasons behind. sorry for the confusion.