1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Do you have GAS only for bass stuff?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chrisk-K, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

I always suffer from bass-related GAS. But now that I'm also very into guitar, my GAS for guitar stuff is unbearable. Add to that my life-long love affair with synths, and I can barely survive.

2. Figjam

Figjam

There are a few things for guitar that I really look for. E series MIJ Strat necks, mainly.

I like drum stuff too but havent been buying any of that lately. I dont lust for guitar effects at all right now; I am pretty minimalist when it comes to that. I like a plug and play tube tone.

3. Durockrolly

Durockrolly

As a guitarist of 42 years, my days are heavily consumed with guitar GAS!

4. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

My guitar GAS-wishlist was only 7 items, which is much more manageable than my 140 bass GAS-wishlist. Of the 6, I picked up 2 of those guitars last year.
    Original List... You'll probably note I am partial to Gibson electrics, as my Dad has always owned an ES-120T since I was a child. However, for some reason the SG model never appealed to me. Similarly for Fender, the Telecaster never appealed to me either.:
    √ Gibson Les Paul (didn't matter if it was Studio/Standard/etc)
    √ Gibson Flying V
    Gibson Explorer
    Gibson Moderne Limited Run
    Gibson ES-137
    Fender American Standard Stratocaster
    Framus Panthera Studio

Edit: I originally thought this thread was specifically about music gear. After discovering this is not the case, I decided to re-visit this post to add non-musical items I like...

Movies (Blu-Rays/DVDs): There are times when I literally cannot control my movie purchases (credit card max as my only saving grace.) I have a collection of titles just under 1,800. It got to the point where I had to purchase Collectorz http://www.collectorz.com/ cataloguing software and an iOS App to keep track of them, because a number of times I returned home with movies I already owned. I already have a decent setup to watch movies. This man-cave is the same as my bass room. I'm not posting pictures until I manage to hang my basses/guitars on my wall.

7. AllenLee

AllenLee

I generally look for bass-specific gear, but there's always that thought of "I wonder how this will work with guitar" since I do play both.

8. Toptube

Toptube

Mountain bikes. These are the two that I have (one for hardcore trail riding, one for light duty/road/city riding). If I were rich, I'd probably have about 13 bikes. 9 of which would be based completely on looks. I'm not bragging, but just so that you know what you are looking at, the "big" bike was $2,800 new and has about another $1,000 in mostly functional, but a couple of aesthetic upgrades on it.
    Right now its running top of the line studded tires which are $80 a piece : (
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d72/chameleoneel/DSCN0511.jpg

9. bassbenj

bassbenj

List never stops:

Rule: You can never own too many:

Basses
    Bass gear,
    Guitars,
    Guitar amps,
    Drums,
    ANY other instruments.
    Firearms,
    Motorcycles,
    Mountain bikes,
    Electronic gear,
    Recording gear,
    Microphones,
    Computers,
    Computer gear,
    Vehicles (Hey, this is America! I don't think 4 cars is too many!)
    Tools,

I grow weary. This list never ends...

10. Cycho

Cycho

I have Girl Acquisition Syndrome

11. Deechord

Deechord

Got over my guitar GAS. I have what I need. Now I have BAS!!!! Somebody HELP me! :eek:

12. Sni77

Sni77

I think my GAS is pretty much non existent. I'd like a Dingwall Super P 5. That's it. I think it has to do with the fact that I moved from Europe to Asia and now back again. You can't hold on to everything and you realize how little some of your stuff actually means to you...

13. fercorellia

fercorellia

GAS? Yes, a lot! (mtb, computers, my girl, my house...). Money, not a bit, the best medicine for GAS

14. blindrabbit

blindrabbit Supporting Member

Cars.

Home audio gear.

Cameras and camera gear.

Art.

Kitchen stuff.

...needless to say, I could go on...

15. Liv3rman

Liv3rman

Excuse my ignorance, but what is GAS?

16. Deechord

Deechord

Guitar Acquisition Syndrome:hyper:

17. Davo-London

Davo-London

Or Gear Acquisition Syndrome

I'm a drummer too. So the new Roland TD-30KV top-of-the-line electronic drum kit is on my list. Only £6k!

Davo

18. Liv3rman

Liv3rman

Aha! Makes sense now lol. I'm new round here :)

19. atomicdog

atomicdog Supporting Member

Guitars, audiophile stereo gear, hi-def LPs. Beatles memorabilia, silver coins . . .

20. Liam76

Liam76

Gassing for a Tele like my old one.

21. Beano_z

Beano_z

Watches, camera's, guitars ...I'm trying my best to stay out of audiophile stuff, that'll really make you go bankrupt...