1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Do you own a Godin 5A Ultra bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oskar Alex, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Oskar Alex

Oskar Alex

Hello! I'm very interested in buying one of these basses, but I'm having trouble finding any good demonstrations of it online. If you have one I'd be extremely happy to talk to you! :)

Oskar
  2. MaHei

MaHei

Have one of these and can recommend it, simply a very good and IMO underrated instrument. Got the Ultra version for the magnetic pickup, but in hindsight would be fine without it. Fantastic neck, great low B, sidelines being the best of both worlds (again IMO) and a very flexible sound that can do everything from Jaco-esque to an acoustic thump.

So, what would you like to know?

Mark

Edit: Forgot to mention the obvious. The A5 is primarily an electric instrument. It's acoustic sound is louder than a solidbody and nice for unplugged practice at home - but not more than that. The idea is to use the electronics to amplify its acoustic properties, and it does so pretty well.
  3. Oskar Alex

Oskar Alex

4. Oskar Alex

Oskar Alex

(bump)

No one else? :)
  5. Oskar Alex

Oskar Alex

Bump! No one else own one of these, preferabkt a fretted version? :)