Do you own Fleetwood Mac - Rumours?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by elgecko, Jan 12, 2014.

1. elgecko

elgecko

Part 7 in my "Do you own [insert album]?" series :p

[​IMG]

Rumours, released in 1977. Fleetwood Mac's eleventh and arguably greatest album. Generally accepted as the sixth best selling album of all time. Another treasure trove of classic rock radio fodder.

I do not nor have I ever owned Rumours. I have a couple of loose mp3s but never bought the whole album. I like/love a bunch songs off the album...Stevie Nicks takes me to my happy place. However, I always felt that I could just turn on classic rock radio to hear them...they're played that much. I'm now listening to the whole album on Spotify and giving it the attention it deserves.

Rumours skews into the soft rock/pop categories. I suspect it'll be in the lower end of TB ownership. Higher than Thriller and The Eagles: Their Greatest Hits but lower than Dark Side...I'll guess somewhere around 65%.
  2. shawshank72

shawshank72 Supporting Member

I dont own any music anymore, just use ipod and computer to find what i want. So i always vote on past ownership.
    This album was in my library, but always found that i passed over the trendy radio hits because like you said it was overplayed on radio.
  3. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I don't own it at the moment but I did own the LP back in the late 70's. IMO it is in the top 10 of greatest all around rock albums.
  4. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

But of course!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mapleglo

mapleglo Supporting Member

I own the CD. I didn't buy it when it was released (especially since just turning on the radio at that time would result in hearing at least one song from the album within a few minutes), but bought it at some point when I saw it on sale in the record shop.
  7. Jah Wobble Fan

Jah Wobble Fan

Media:
    I do own 'Rumors,' although it is a bit random: I loaded up on classic rock vinyl at the end of the eighties when CDs rendered records momentarily "worthless." Thus I got a couple of cartons of LPs for a nickel a piece. 'Rumors' was included in that lot, which also included a couple of double albums, like "Exile on Main Street," which went for a premium ten cents. I also picked up Fleetwood Mac's double LP "Tusk" for a dime in that lot, and I much prefer it to 'Rumors,' if only for the fact that radio has not played it into the ground.
  8. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I do not own it. I do own some of the early Peter Green stuff though. I was never of fan of anything Fleetwood Mac did during the 1970s and 80s.
  9. Pearly Gator

Pearly Gator

Do not have it on seedy. I have it on vinyl and cassette tape though.
  10. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

Yup, perfect pop. FWIW Christine McVie is rejoining Fleetwood Mac.
  11. kreider204

kreider204

Hells yah. I learned to play bass primarily by learning John McVie bass lines by ear. I own almost every FM studio (only missing the two between TANGO IN THE NIGHT and SAY YOU WILL). Great stuff.
  12. kreider204

kreider204

I hadn't heard that, very cool. I hope John McVie gets better soon. :(
  13. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

When the rainbow shaves you clean, you'll know. You will know.
  14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

15. jj4001

jj4001 Supporting Member

Ahh my top secret favorite album. Shhhh... Don't tell anyone!

Actually, I can't stand "Don't Stop Thinkin' about Tomorrow" and "You Make Lovin' Fun" but I absolutely love everything else on the record. Yes, I own it on vinyl. I bought it back when I was pretty much just collecting punk records.
  16. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

No, but my mother did when I was growing up.
  17. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

One of my favorite albums of all time. Every track is a gem. Buckingham's guitar sense one the album is amazing.
  18. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Have it on vinyl....
  19. stratovani

stratovani

I used to own it on vinyl back in the 70s, but now I have it in MP3 format.
  20. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

when the rain washes you clean you'll know.
  21. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

No. I never had to own it myself to get regular and heavy doses of pretty much every song on it, between friends who owned it and its steady airplay on classic rock radio. But it is a masterpiece.