Do you smirk, laugh out loud in public when you are alone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by machine gewehr, Jan 20, 2014.

1. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

So, I've been listening to this radio show every morning when I'm on my way to work for the last 2 years. The host is a stand up comedian and I really like his work.

Now, this dude is funny (to me and many others). I don't really care what some strangers on a bus think about me so if he makes a really good joke I smile or even laugh out loud. I don't try to hold myself too hard. Nothing too loud, nothing that would disturb people around, barely hearable, but my face takes shapes I'm not proud of.:p

This, however leads to weird moments. This morning the man sitting next to me reaches to his pocket to take his cell phone out. Right at that moment, the comedian makes a really funny joke and I start smiling. By the time the man reached his pocket (mind you, his arm is touching me as the cell was in the pocket that was on my side) my teeth become more and more visible. By the time he reaches his cell, I'm smiling, grinning and trying hard not to burst into tears.:D:D

I'm sure he must have thought : "weirdo!", but what the heck, I've got another weird story to tell and laugh about. :p

Do you care what people would think of you, or just enjoy the moment?

2. mimaz

mimaz Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    Well, they think I'm nuts already....

3. m0nst3r

m0nst3r

I tend to just enjoy the moment. I remember riding the bus one time, and since it was a long ride, I was watching some stand up on youtube on my phone. Needless to say, a lot of people probably thought I was crazy. :-D

4. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Sure, if I find something funny I will laugh

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

7. Milk

Milk

When alone i talk to myself all the time. Now the thing is, sometimes when i walk alone i might very quietly do it. Well only if no one is even close. But it happened before when walking like in the early morning or something when most of the city is asleep that suddenly i realise there was someone say sitting on their porch or something and then i have to think they heard me. Though nowadays, they probably would think bluetooth or something. It sucks being crazy.

I remember once years ago when i lived with my mom i thought i was alone and her bf was there and i was sitting there in the living room talking to myself. Very embarassing when i noticed he was there.

8. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

There's nothing wrong with laughing your ass off if something is funny.

9. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

Go ahead and laugh in public. If someone thinks you're weird just point at them and laugh harder.

10. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Media:
    I spend a good portion of the day having conversations with myself and inanimate items. I sometimes log into TalkBass just to be able to be able to have those conversations with slightly less derisive folks.:|

11. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
    In this day and age where half of the people walking down the street are having a cell phone conversation through their earbuds, I don't think that your behavior would be considered strange in the US. Now if you were standing on the corner pointing and hollering at a street sign...

12. jugglingfreak

jugglingfreak

Yes, I laugh out loud in public.. If it's in a place where it might disturb others (like a doctor's office or something) I'll try and stifle it some. But if it's funny, it's funny, and I'll laugh at it.

13. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

I listen to standup comedy in my ear buds whenever I go grocery shopping or whatever. It makes me look foreword to doing mundane tasks. Anyway, yeah I laugh out loud in public all the time.

14. iamdenialNJ

iamdenialNJ Supporting Member

So...you're that guy huh? Thank you for being that guy! :bassist:

15. ZenG

ZenG

I do when I'm off my medication....

16. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sometimes I think of something funny, and then I laugh. People think I'm crazy.

I mean, in general.

17. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

I talk to myself since I was a kid. First time my father caught me he asked me if I was familiar with the term "crazy" :D

I still do it, in the shower, in my room, I've even been in your position only to find out my brother's in the next room :p I started doing it while walking in the street too, guess I might be losing it :D

18. bassinplace

bassinplace

If people can see your cranium is attached to an electronic device upon which you are listening to a program, then there's no reason for them to think you are crazy. Unless you are responding to it so loudly as to disrupt those around you. If there's no device then yeah, you might want to think about using your inside voice.

19. RED J

RED J Play what you want how you want & quit arggerin ! Supporting Member

Of course. I play air bass guitar and drums too. They probably think I'm extra crazy because of my age. Never have cared.

20. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

I tend to eventually curse out inanimate things when I'm talking to them. It starts with pleas, but quickly spirals into threats of destruction.

21. GK Growl

GK Growl

This is me when I'm in public. Same hair and clothes too.