Dodged Ebay Bullet - Notorious Chargeback Scammer ACI Express - ebay user kglpass12

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by Colonel Monk, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Colonel Monk

Colonel Monk Supporting Member

Greasy Grass River, formerly Santa Cruz, CA
    Howdy:

I sold an 86 Proco Rat on Ebay. Buyer didn't pay straight away, which has become so commonplace on eBay that I no longer have been putting my "immediate payment required" note in my items.

2 days in, I send an invoice tell them to pay NOW. 5 days in, I tell them they have until the end of 5th day to pay or I'm relisting.

So, they pay up. I get a response in my messages:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

we are sending you this email as reminder for shippping information.
    we kindly ask you to refer to the our registered MAILING ADDRESS in PAYPAL for SHIPPING.
    It should be included 5-6 digit REFERENCE number (KGL#) on the receipt shortly after payment has been made.
    your cooperation will help me a lot to find the item easily and quickly at our warehouse.

the mailing address looks like the EXAMPLE below:
    ACI Express, Inc.
    14452 S.AVALON BLVD.
    KGL#
    Gardena, CA 90248-2006
    United States
    Please do not get confused with Ebay registered one that does not have our reference number.

Also, it is reminded to inform us of the tracking number, upon dispatching with carriers such as USPS, UPS, Fedex, or DHL.
    If the item is shipped without tracking number, please let us know by simply sending us an email.

Sincerely yours,

Intercommerce America, Inc.
    Warehouse: ACI Express, Inc.
    Company name : Intercommerce America, Inc.
    Contact number: (562) 304 2593"

Well, this seems odd, and I have to say, I was pissed to think that this old RAT is going to some ENTITY with a warehouse and over 8500 purchases on eBay..... I mean, who the hell has a 100% rating on eBay buying 8500 items, and never sells even ONE?!

This morning, I googled the company name from Paypal, and turns out, they are ChargeBack Scammers! Dozens of reports of people getting screwed.

What they do, is they buy your item, then claim that it doesn't work, etc. and without giving you a chance, they initiate a dispute for chargeback with Paypal, who generally sides with the buyer....

So you lose your RAT, and your money!!

What does the buyer do? Well, I had not noticed, but you can no longer give a buyer Negative Feedback.

So these guys have a 100% rating!!! Since they bought my item on monday, they have purchased 100s more. I remember seeing like 8564 and a 100% rating, as of today it's over 9000 buys....

So, if you have given the buyer positive feedback for paying quickly there's nothing you can do.

I refunded their money 100% and told them to eff off, and then I went to the feedback section and reported them to eBay and told them the story. Of course, you are not allowed to leave them Negative Feedback.

I hope that they are unable to give me a ding on my 100% rating.

Anyway, I wanted to share this with you all. It always pays to look at the feedback of buyers and sellers. If you see someone with many many buys and no sells, BEWARE.

CM :bassist:
  2. SaxBass

SaxBass Supporting Member

Thanks for posting. Good information and something to be aware of- I'd never heard of this scam. Will be alert from now on!
  3. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Supporting Member

nice alert. Everyone should be aware of this scam.
  4. savagek

savagek

I just a had a similar purchase but from a kglpass9, it looks like they have multiple ebay ids. I think I'm gonna go ahead and refund them and cancel the transaction aswell. Did they end up giving you negative feedback for doing so?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Report the incident to eBay. If the user has a fraudulent account eBay will close the account and they will be unable to leave any feedback.
  7. Colonel Monk

Hey everyone:

sorry for the no reply.

I did report the buyer, but I never heard a single thing from ebay about it. Since money was refunded, I have not seen any negative feedback because I think they can't leave any till the transaction is complete.

Furthermore, I offered the RAT to the next guy in line, with a second chance offer. He paid right away. While I was looking at his information, I realized that the name on the PayPal account was "purchasing agent" - that was very strange indeed.

I messaged him via ebay and asked him why was he buying my pedal? Are you a company? How come, when I google your email address it takes me to a chinese website with all chinese characters?

I got no reply, so I refunded his money as well. His ebay account had only been created days earlier, and had purchased 6 items and sold NONE, so I just didn't trust him.

I had to call ebay to refund the sales fees, but they didn't want to talk about the case at all....

I wish I knew what they are keying off in that description that led them to buy my item. Are they shipping the stuff to consumers in China? Are they looking for vintage gear so that they can win the chargeback with Pay Pal claiming it doesn't work?

How the hell, with a tracking number and signature required can they refund the money without requiring the buyer to send the item back to you? Basically, they get the item for free, resell it, and get their money back.

So I'm very very wary of ebay at the moment. I'm thinking that money order is the only way to go, but I myself won't buy something on ebay if I have to get money order - not if it is a common item anyways.... I suppose for a vintage bass or something I'd be willing.

Be carefull out there.

Monk
  8. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Signature required and tracking # only protects you if it is shipped to the US PayPal confirmed address.
    Even if you do ship to a US PayPal confirmed address, they can do a credit card chargeback and the credit card company can care less about tracking #'s and signatures.
  9. Colonel Monk

Yep. In a few minutes of googling, I found that not only was the guy a chargeback scammer but that PayPal always sides with the buyer.

I won't sell to any "businesses" from here out, unless they want to pay via USPS money order.

Also won't ship to any unconfirmed PP addresses...

Hate how a few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

CM