1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Does a pedal like this exist?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MrBKerth, Feb 28, 2014.

1. MrBKerth

MrBKerth Bass Player with The Gypsy Bravado Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Texas
    Hello! This is probably a stupid question but is there a pedal that allows you to set eq (if it has it), has a gain stage for overdrive that you set the base level for (and this is the weird part), but also has 1 or 2 subsequent switches to allow on the fly simple and predictable boosting for simple mid song boosting.

It's midterms week so I'm sure I'm fried and missing something.

Thanks!

:bassist:

2. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Brimstone Audio Crossover Distortion (XD-1) and Verellen Meatsmoke are pricey, but cover exactly what you are describing. The Rusty Box is less expensive and also has some of this functionality.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    The Tech 21 sansamp bddi deluxe and vt bass deluxe can accomplish this, with up to six presets i believe, but you have to like those base tone flavors. On the less expensive side an mxr m80 could sort of do it. On the super budget end you could stack a Joyo American (or AC Tone/British/California) with a Joyo Ultimate Drive.

5. MrBKerth

MrBKerth Bass Player with The Gypsy Bravado Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Texas
    Interesting. I was sure someone had thought of it before. I'll have to look into these. Of course, I'll probably end up being to picky and buy nothing.

I kind of like very mild crunch just as a slight spice to my sound. Give it a slight slight edge and maybe a little warmth if it can.

All dependent on the player I suppose. After Tuesday I guess I'm off to try some pedals!

6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    +1 Well put my friend.

7. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    A preamp/EQ with a drive and a boost. Add an FX loop and a buffered clean out for the rest of the pedalboard and maybe a compressor and that's almost as swiss army knife as it gets.

This is close but no boost.

http://www.ebssweden.com/2009/microbassII.htm