Does a pedal like this exist?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MrBKerth, Feb 28, 2014.

1. MrBKerth

MrBKerth Bassist for The Sipps (Presskit.to/TheSipps) Supporting Member

Hello! This is probably a stupid question but is there a pedal that allows you to set eq (if it has it), has a gain stage for overdrive that you set the base level for (and this is the weird part), but also has 1 or 2 subsequent switches to allow on the fly simple and predictable boosting for simple mid song boosting.

It's midterms week so I'm sure I'm fried and missing something.

Thanks!

:bassist:
  2. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Brimstone Audio Crossover Distortion (XD-1) and Verellen Meatsmoke are pricey, but cover exactly what you are describing. The Rusty Box is less expensive and also has some of this functionality.
  3. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

The Tech 21 sansamp bddi deluxe and vt bass deluxe can accomplish this, with up to six presets i believe, but you have to like those base tone flavors. On the less expensive side an mxr m80 could sort of do it. On the super budget end you could stack a Joyo American (or AC Tone/British/California) with a Joyo Ultimate Drive.
  4. MrBKerth

MrBKerth Bassist for The Sipps (Presskit.to/TheSipps) Supporting Member

Interesting. I was sure someone had thought of it before. I'll have to look into these. Of course, I'll probably end up being to picky and buy nothing.

I kind of like very mild crunch just as a slight spice to my sound. Give it a slight slight edge and maybe a little warmth if it can.

All dependent on the player I suppose. After Tuesday I guess I'm off to try some pedals!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 Well put my friend.
  7. newbold

newbold

A preamp/EQ with a drive and a boost. Add an FX loop and a buffered clean out for the rest of the pedalboard and maybe a compressor and that's almost as swiss army knife as it gets.

This is close but no boost.

http://www.ebssweden.com/2009/microbassII.htm