Does anybody know this Bass Brand??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gigarosas, Feb 3, 2014.

1. gigarosas

gigarosas

I ant to buy a new bass and I really like the vintage lesser known brands, so I found this one but i dont really know the brand [​IMG]

2. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

If you don't give people the name, a photo, or even a description, you're not going to be able to get much useful information from people here. "Vintage lesser known brands" can be a great way to get good value, or it can be a great way to get useless junk.

3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Just a heads up, most of that stuff is lesser known for a reason.

4. Crater

Crater

[​IMG]This?

That's an old import bass, most likely Japanese, from the 60's or early 70's. These types of instruments were made in a few factories and sold under many different brand names, often in department stores. Notice the missing nameplate from the headstock. This bass doesn't appear to be in very good condition either. Notice how the D string lines up with the very edge of the neck. :meh: Not worth the 150 Euros, in my opinion. You'd be better off buying a newer Squier.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

Some are lesser known because they're crap and/or failed to impress bassists, some are incredible instruments, victims more of the economy than anything.

One bass i have that I have that I'll take over any basses within the $1000 price range is my Riverhead Spector. The Riverhead was a high-end Japanese bass manufacturer whose factories burned down in the mid 1990s. Excellent quality basses if you can find them.
    There are a few other basses out there, if you're looking for "unknown" or a little bit more "unique" which I think you're going for.
    Tune basses is another one that comes to mind- the older Tune basses that are made in Japan not Korea are excellent basses.
    Another "unknown" but a gem I have is my Mr. Potato bass. Laugh all you want, but this Spud is a heck of a bass that's custom made by Mr. Kim in Korea, no longer making them. If you happen to find one, grab it!

Curious to see what bass the op is talking about, hope he posts a pic or a name at least. :)

7. cdef

cdef