Does anyone else play a washburn?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AWillis93, Feb 7, 2013.

1. AWillis93

AWillis93

I am wondering if anyone else plays a washburn bass? Because i have been going through thread after thread trying to fine someone that may play one as well and i haven't seen the first one. If so what kind do you play and do you like it? I personally own a washburn t24 tarus and IMO its the best bass i have every played.
  2. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

I used to own a white washburn 'stage' bass; it had an ebony fretboard, I think, and it had those round circles for fret markers, intead of dots. Great bass... the body looked a bit like a cut up explorer...
  3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

4. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

The Official Washburn Club (Redux!) is a thread here you should look up and join------get a member number. Lots of Wash players here. Me too of course--I play SB-40s, Force 40's. (early '80s basses. Love'em!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. stingbear

stingbear

I have an XS-5 (5 string). It's a pretty decent bass, not bad tone from the B string. But I haven't touched it after I bought a Precision some months ago.
  7. tabdog

tabdog

I have a T-14 that I modified to my taste.
    It has worked out very well,

[​IMG]

Tabdog
  8. DeMayunn

DeMayunn

[​IMG]

I also own a T14, i like the design and especially the neck, its thin and fast. But quality control is all over the place: Misaligned Pickups with the cavity, mismatched pieces of wood in the body, improperly rubbed grain filler, stupid string gauge from factory etc.

But they still sound great and play great, just be sure that you pick a good one.
  9. guyzo

guyzo

Its a fretless Bantam...I' ve no idea what year it is, but i must say, it plays nicely and has fairly versitile tonal pallet. I bought it from a pawn shop back in '99 for $200. It has a good, quick neck, and a relatively light overall weight. While not my favorite fretless, i would still recomend it for someone looking for a decent reasonably priced fretless bass which is capable and useful in most contexts.
  10. waynos51

waynos51

Hi guys, I bought my Washburn back in 1981 since have upgraded to semore duncan pups years ago, I still play regular club gigs . I have now got a 2012 MIA Fender Jazz but still fall back to the old Washburn lots of times , it sounds and plays great and a lot lighter.
  11. ronaldpdbrandt

ronaldpdbrandt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sponsored by The Letter G
  12. thebates

thebates

I have a Force 4. I am getting ready to modify the neck to jazz bass dimensions. I have small hands. I am deciding on the best way to do this. I like the bass a lot.
  13. matt11

matt11 Supporting Member

I've got an early 80s Force 8 p-bass, black pickguard on white, maple board. It's one seriously fat rock bass. Love it. Very comfortable neck. I'll see if i can find a pic.
  14. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

Yes, yes! Pic please:hyper:
    And serial number! Any documentation?