Does anyone know about this 550 Watt Ashdown Micro Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MuthaFunk, Feb 9, 2014.

1. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

2. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

3. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Yup. First there was the Superfly 500, then the two Little Giant heads (350 and 1000), then the first-gen MiBass (220 and 550), then the latter was replaced by the MiBass 2.0, while the 220, also discontinued, should be eventually superseded by the PiBass 240. (Product page still empty; traces of it on the website here and here and here - looks like it's been in development limbo for a while.) EDIT: see post below.
    Then they have the Rootmaster line, RM-MAG-220 and -420, already discussed here on TB-Amps (on zwei dedicated threads so far, 1 and 2), as well as an entry-level not-really-micro, the Five 15 Big Boy Head.

Phew.
  4. rickeyellis

rickeyellis

Thank you. I was looking at the miBass, but knew little about it. I'll continue my search to replace my Trace Elliott.
  5. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

This just in (at least for me): product page now full, and limbo over: the PiBass (Wojtek Pilichowski sig) is in stores, in stock now.

I wonder if the signature thing is to blame for the scarcity of I/O in this one. There's enough real estate in the back for an effect loop, for Pi's sake...
  6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Ashdown endorser.