1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Does anyone make a Jazz body with one P-pup?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hank Scorpio, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

Not a PJ set-up, not a double-P, but just the one split coil in the Precision-correct position?

I'm thinking that one of these with a 1.625" maple neck would be my ideal mix of sound & ergonomics, but I have no idea how one would look. Any photos?

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything like this, just P/J & P/P.
  2. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Supporting Member

Yes, Fender does make that arrangement in one of their signature models
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

4. clmayhew

clmayhew

Yes. Fender does.
    [​IMG]
  5. TinyE

TinyE Supporting Member

6. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

Thanks guys, it's really the regular P-coil configuration I was looking for, but I did completely forget that model existed! Could be potential for a build using that, though.

I know they changed the Hoppus model at some point, does anyone remember if the old model had the regular P-set up? EDIT: nevermind, found some photos.
  7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

The current Mark Hoppus is not in the correct P position, I am pretty sure the treble and bass sides were flipped a few years ago. The original run ones were just a normal P pickup.
  8. Chainsaw Willie

Chainsaw Willie

Does it matter that it has reverse-P positioning of the coils?

Edit: that's directed at the OP who may look at the Mark Hoppus model.
  9. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

Yup, it does to me, really. It also matters if the pickup is in the 'correct' location, which I'd have to research with the Hoppus. If I'm going to go to the effort, may as well get it how I want!
  10. Chainsaw Willie

Chainsaw Willie

11. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Looking at my precision now, the pick up location on the Mark signature looks forward (towards the neck) by a good amount. Not just treble side flipped.
  12. basswave

basswave Execuse me but your I-IV-V is in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile