Does Berklee (Boston) College of Music help Bass players after they graduate?

Discussion in 'Ask the Berklee Bass Department' started by Deoindra, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Deoindra

Deoindra

I mean in terms of helping bass players find gigs or jobs to be a bassist in! I'm interested in 2 main schools: Berklee College Of Music And Manhattan College Of Music but i'm not sure which school will help me with my bass career after I graduate from there.(That is if I get accepted!)

Thanks to all who help!
  2. Danny Morris

Danny Morris Berklee Bass Department Supporting Member

Hi Deoindra,
    in terms of making necessary connections which inevitably lead to procuring work as a professional you couldn't ask for a better hub than Berklee. Attracting students worldwide you will unearth long lasting friendships and partnerships that will serve your career beautifully! Ask any alumnus about their experience in this regard and you will hear many stories of how someone knew someone and that led to a situation that led to a gig...and the connection which started the entire process was an acquaintance from college days at Berklee. Hope you come visit, check out the vibe on campus...give us a heads up and someone will give you a tour of the department..there are tours of the college running daily too..
    best of luck and happy healthy new year.
    Danny Morris
  3. Steve Bailey

Steve Bailey Supporting Member

In my short tenure at Berklee one of the things that has impressed me the most is the Alumni Network that Berklee embraces.
    I have attended alumni events at the great schools that I attended and there may be a couple of dozen people there. Attending a few of the Berklee events around the country I was blown away by the HUNDREDS of grads in attendance, and the connecting and networking happening!!!
    I noticed that Berklee grads embrace each other in a very real way, and support each other. Like Danny said above, the students in your class will be the ones hiring you and visa versa when you get out. I still work with musicians that I went to school with 30 years ago, they get me on gigs and visa versa.

I also know that Berklee has a very vibrant Alumni Affairs program that leads off like this…

"The Office of Alumni Affairs embraces our alumni as valuable members of a lifelong and global Berklee community. We strive to foster alumni engagement that supports you in your professional and personal pursuits. As one of our alumni, you are an ambassador of the college, trailblazer in music and beyond, and a generous supporter of what we do."

Check it out! http://www.berklee.edu/alumni