1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Does Fender make a P with a neck like a Squier 60's CV?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassbubble11, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Bassbubble11

Bassbubble11 Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    West Babylon, New York
    So I am ready to buy a "real" P. I have been playing Jazz basses or my Fender Special (which has a Jazz neck).

I bought a Squier 60's CV for a christmas gift to myself in 2012 and have not put it down since. Sounds incredible but what I really like is the neck. It is unlike any P neck I have ever played. I never expected to like the neck so much but it is a perfect fit for me.

The specs on the neck say it's a Modern C shape. It is shallower front to back than other P's I have played. Is the difference between a C and Modern C the thickness from front to back. It is also 1.625" at the nut. Radius is 9.5.

So does anyone know if Fender is making a P with the same neck Specs as the Squier 60's CV?

2. melikecookies

melikecookies Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Maryland
    Not sure if you have a specific budget in mind for this precision, but I've found the American Special Precision neck to be very close to that of a CV Precision. The only difference to me is the satin finish as apposed to the glossy one the Squier has.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.