Does MF give discounts for TBers ?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by okc-zee, Dec 12, 2012.

1. okc-zee

okc-zee

I remember a while back there was someone over at musicians friend that did discounts if you were a TBer...Does that still happen ?

2. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

3. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I had heard this and contacted them earlier in the year. I was told that the only discounts they offer are posted on their website.

However, most major manufacturers do not allow the discounts to be applied to their products. I started a thread about this last month but here are the companies which do not allow discounts.

3rd Power Amps, 65amps, A Designs, Adam Audio, Aguilar, AKG, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, Armstrong, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Auralex, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, Axl, Azumi, B&S, B3 Guitars, Bach, BAM, Beatkangz, Bedell, Behringer, Belkin, Benchmark, Benchmark Media Systems, Benedetto Guitars, Besson, Bixonic, BLACK CAT PEDALS, Blackheart, Blackstar, Blue, Bogner, Bosch, Bose, Boss, Breedlove, Bricasti, Brio, BSS Audio, Buffet Crampon, Bugera, Bundy, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chameleon Labs, Chandler Limited, Charvel, Chauvet, Cleartone, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba, Courtois, Crate, Crown, CUSACK EFFECTS, Daking, Dangerous Music, DBX, Dean, Death By Audio, DIAMOND PEDALS, Digitech, Disney by Washburn, DLS EFFECTS, Drawmer, Dunnett, DW, EBS, Eden, Edirol, Elation, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Elysia, Emerson, EMG, Eminence, Emma Electronic, Empirical Labs, Empress Effects, Engl, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, F. Loree Paris, Fano Guitars, Fargen Amps, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Fishman, Focusrite, Fox, Fuchs, Fulltone, Furman, G7th, Gallien-Krueger, Galway, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Genz Benz, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, Giffin Guitars, GNI PEDALS, Godlyke, Gold Tone, Golden Age, Golden Age Project, Grace Design, Great Divide, Great River, Gretsch, Gretsch Drums, Gretsch Guitars, Guild, Guyatone, Hagstrom, Hans Hoyer, Hao, HARDEN ENGINEERING, Harmon, Haynes, Hercules, HHB, Hohner, Holton, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, J Puchner, Jackson, JamHub, Jasmine by Takamine, JBL, Jet City Amplification, Jody Jazz, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley, Keilwerth, Keith McMillen Instruments, King, Koll Guitars, Korg, Kramer, KRK, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, Langevin, Leblanc, Lexicon, Line 6, LovePedal, LP, LsL Instruments, Ludwig, Luna Guitars, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko Heavy Industry, Manley, Mapex, Markbass, Marshall, Martin, Martin-Leblanc, Maxon, Meinl, Meinl Weston, Mesa Boogie, Millennia, Miraphone, Mixosaurus, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan, Music Man, MusicXPC, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, N-Tune, Olympus, On-Stage Stands, Option 5, Orange Amplifiers, Ortofon, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Paiste, Parker Guitars, PDP, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound and Acoustics, Perri's, Phonic, Pigtronix, Pioneer, Powell, Prelude by Conn-Selmer, PreSonus, Propellerhead, PRS, Purple Audio, QSC, Radial Engineering, Rainsong, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Rockbag by Warwick, Rockbass by Warwick, Rockcase by Warwick, RockStand by Warwick, Roc-N-Soc, Rode Microphones, Roland, Royer, Rupert Neve Designs, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Scherzer, Schilke, Schreiber, Schroeder, Schroeder Guitars, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Softube, Solid State Logic, Sonare, Soul, Soundcraft, Squier, Stanton, Steinberg, Steinberger, Stephanhouser, Sterling by Music Man, Summit Audio, SWEET SOUND ELECTRONIC, SWR, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, Taylor, TDK, Tech 21, Telefunken, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tobias, Tone King, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, T-Rex Engineering, True Systems, Tube-Tech, Two Rock, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Violet Audio, Vito, VMI, Voodoo Lab, VOX, Waldorf, Wampler, Washburn, Weber Speakers, Western Digital, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, Yamaha Band & Orchestra, Yanagisawa, Zildjian, Zoom, ZVex.

4. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

^ oh so all of them?:bag:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. PilbaraBass

PilbaraBass

I see DiMarzio and Sadowsky are not on the list. Nor Lakland

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Does MF give discounts for TBers ?

Always check MF sales ... you can quite often get 15% off of list price sometimes less sometimes more.

8. Tonegasm

Tonegasm www.richwronski.com Supporting Member

Call and ask nicely. Usually works!

9. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah VERY enthusiastic walks... Supporting Member

Media:
    This is usually your best bet for discounts. I'd hold off for that or the coupons they send in the mail sometimes.

10. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Not so sure about the list, I've received great discounts on at least three items on the list in the past few months, including an Ampeg in December.

11. willsellout

willsellout

A guy named Skaught used to give incredible deals to TB'ers when you'd email him. I tried it recently and was told "nope".

The best bet is to call them and get your best price.

12. willsellout

willsellout

Also, I think that list is right, but that doesn't mean you won't get a deal. I believe all that list of companies does is limit them from advertising discounts. If you call them, they can hook you up.

13. Tonegasm

Skaught no longer works there. Go figure.

14. willsellout

willsellout

Yeah. MF made some money off of me because of Skaught. Wouldn't want that now, would we? ;)

15. Tonegasm

They made A LOT off of me and I guarantee that, although smaller, they still turned a decent profit on the items I purchased.

16. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

I recently bought an item by a very well known manufacturer that is permanently on the 'exclusions' list and was able to use one of the MF promo codes, but I had to call MF to use it. They said that they will often do that over the phone, but not on the internet. Don't waste their time or good will, so if you call them, be ready to buy.

I also bought stuff from Skaught, and would do so t-o-d-a-y if he was still there offering what he use to offer...

17. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

I knew of Skaught but I never spoke to him. I've worked with at least three other people and it has always worked out great for me. I think it's somewhat of a rotating team, a woman I worked with for awhile is now in the Guitar Center area.

18. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

excerpt from a recent PM from Skaught:

"I actually don't work at Musician's Friend anymore. I've moved on to the computer tech world. :) Anyways, an extremely rad gal named Courtney should be able to take care of you. Just email forums@musiciansfriend.com and she should be ready to assist. If not there is a couple other people that handle email there and may rock your socks off."

19. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    Does this work on used gear?

20. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

From time to time, TB has 10% discount promotions on used gear. But like others mentioned, you may be able to get a one-time discount if you call or email them.

21. Fred312b

Fred312b Supporting Member

I actually just got an excellent deal from Courtney by emailing forums@musiciansfriend.com so this does work, at least sometimes. :bassist: