1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Does this bass exist?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by circuitspore, Feb 6, 2014.

1. circuitspore

circuitspore Supporting Member

I should clarify the question - "Other than the Fender Performer, does this bass exist?"

I think the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask the experts.

I'm looking for a specific set of specs and I have yet to stumble across any production instrument that matches (other than the Performer), so I figured I'd check one last time before going the custom route. I owned a Performer for a short time and never gelled with it, but I'm thinking getting rid of it was a mistake.

What basses meet this spec, other than a Fender Performer:

4 string
    33" or 34" scale
    7.5" fretboard radius
    Rosewood or Wenge fretboard
    between 1-1/2" and 1-5/8" nut width
    last fret width 2-1/8 or less

Bonus points for the following:
    Excellent upper fret access
    Neck-through construction or
    Wenge neck
    Tummy + Forearm body contours
    Vintage style frets
    'Classic' styling (nothing too crazy or pointy)

Thanks for any input!
  2. Sartori

Sartori

Some Alembics probably.

The Rickenbacker 4004 would do it if you can live with 1-11/16" nut width (further down the neck it's 2-1/8"), and 10" radius.

Older Rickenbacker 4003S and 4001S basses might, also. Some were 1-5/8" at the nut, I think, and the fretboard radius may have changed over the years as well.

Obviously, various custom builders would be able to make a bass that fits these specs, as well.
  3. Reptar.Bass

Reptar.Bass

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SR5000EOL/ this is pretty close except for the fingerboard radius that you asked for but I have played a 4, 5, and 6 string version of this bass and in my opinion it is a damn good bass that might as well be a custom because thats what it feel like
  4. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

Warwick Streamer CV, maybe?