1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Does U-Retro preamp work with active pu's?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bongostealth, Jan 13, 2013.

1. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

I'm considering a U-Retro preamp. I have active pickups. Will this work? The U-Retro product description doesn't say whether this will work with active pickups.

If so, where would I wire the red battery lead wires?
  2. John East

John East

Disclosures:
    Owner of E-Pro & East UK
    Yes, U-Retro will work well with active pickups.

Do your pickups have a screen, white and red wires?

If so:

* Screen: Cold/Ground pickup input, or can be grounded centrally if more convenient.

* White: Hot pickup input.

* Red: Splice into red battery wire of the retro in order that the pickups are powered on/off with the preamp.

I'm assuming it's a unit without passive tone, as the value of our passive tones is designed for passive pickups.
  3. Cutty

Cutty

Your always there to help us out John,i use your retros and love them,you friend from west wales,Cheers.
  4. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Well, I have purchased the U-Retro Deluxe. So, the passive tone control will not work with active pickups?