Dolphin Pro Piezo

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by joeschitterefsk, Jan 30, 2013.

1. joeschitterefsk

joeschitterefsk Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apparently I have a Dolphin Pro Piezo bass. I've tried numerous times to disable the piezo pick up and/or adjust the settings so that i doesn't sound like I'm a tin can. But no luck:crying:

I've either stupid (quite possibly) or don't really know what I'm doing. This has the J/Hum MEC pick up configuration. Does anyone know how to make this thing thump instead of clang?
  2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    joeschitterefsk - You should have seperate controls for the piezo pickups, which allow you to control their volume. Pics? Thanks
  3. joeschitterefsk

Here's what the guts look like as well as the controls. the 2 controls to the left and middle are push/pull and all 3 have a top and bottom adjustment.

from what I saw on the warwick website this is a "non-standard" control arrangement so I've never been able to actually know what each is responsible for.

I've played around with all of the knobs, buttons, and levels inside the battery compartment and the think still sounds metallic and clanky as hell - not at all like other warwicks I've played.

it's a shame too- I NEVER EVER use this thing, even in practice, let alone playing out :crying:

Attached Files:

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Stacked Push/Pull Volume/Pickup Balance Control *
    * Pulling on the volume knob bypasses the onboard active preamp and deactivates the tone controls. The top knob controls volume and the bottom knob balance.

Stacked Push/Pull Bass/Treble Tone Control **
    ** The top knob boosts or cuts the treble and the bottom knob boosts or cuts the bass. Pulling on the treble knob splits the bridge pickup

The third set of stacked knobs should be for the piezo volume and tone

Also, by the photo - the battery clip looks disconnected. With Active pickups and active preamp you need to be sure a fresh battery is connected.

I don't currently have a diagram for the piezo circuit board, but I will see if I can get one. I hope this helps. Thanks!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Be sure to start off with the volume on full, the pickup balance at the center detent, and the bass and treble controls also at the center detent. Its an active eq, so you don't want to run your tone controls full up. I hope this helps!
  7. joeschitterefsk

Yeah when I took the cover off I discovered that they battery connector was broken so that needs to be repaired but I've played with all the settings you describe before; it just doesn't have the bottom that other warwick's produce. it's a very brittle, tinny, sound, no matter what the settings.
  8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    You need to fix the battery connector before anything I mentioned will work. That is of the utmost importance in this situation. Thanks