1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Dolphin

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Nivek91, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Nivek91

Nivek91 Supporting Member

I would love to see the dolphin body style done in a rockbass (more affordable) style. I'll keep saving my pennies for the custom shop, but would be great to see a more affordable version.

2. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2 Supporting Member

My problem is I feel the Rockbass series, with the wood changes they do, etc to bring cost down, many times make the bass different from its namesake. I love my dolphins and I want my dolphin to be a dolphin, not an almost dolphin. Just my opinion.

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Not a bad idea. Bring it back as the Dolphin II since that series was discontinued long ago. The Streamer and Dolphin were my favorite body shapes.

Riis

4. Nivek91

I love the dolphin man, such a unique look and they sound phenomenal. Let's keep our fingers crossed brotha lol.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I'll also cast a vote for a budget version of the Dolphin.

7. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

I think some things should remain sacred IMO. Maybe the Korean Pro line but China Rockbass :meh: I don't care to see Hyundai make a Porsche Carrera is what I'm saying.

8. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I understand what you're saying; Korean Pro would be fine. Realistically, I would never be able to afford a custom shop Warwick. Even used Dolphins still tend to fetch approximately $2100-2500 on the aftermarket.

9. Nivek91

I'm in that same boat. If they did release a pro line, or Rockbass, they would have me sold almost immediately.

10. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

+ 1