Don't know jack, but I am sure one of you does!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by drumsnbass, Apr 2, 2014.

1. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User Supporting Member

I have an old Warwick Steamer standard with passive pups amd MEC soaps in it. This is/was a "players" bass, and I was going to just take it to a vacation house and leave it as a practice instrument sans amp.

Then I saw one fo those Travelers Bass things, and it occurred to me that maybe I could, on the cheap hopefully, turn this into something I could use as the same, a travel bass where I jack in some headphones and away I go -- no amp needed.

So I really don't know jack about bass electronics (though I could wire your house from scratch), and I am hoping someone can give me some ideas of what I could do to turn this in a travel bass cheaply. Maybe something in the used classified here on TB is what I need?

Thanks!

2. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Just to clarify, you want to be able to plug headphones directly into your bass?

There are certainly some fairly simple headphone amp circuits out there that you could use, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to fit into the existing control cavity.

Have you considered an external headphone amp? You get many which are battery powered, and it's a small box so you could tape it to your strap if you wanted, it'd also mean you weren't modifying your bass.

3. MPU

MPU

http://www.voxamps.com/amplug/
    Cheap and easy.

4. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User Supporting Member

And that my friend I believe is my answer!

Wonder if I can disassemble and hide it in the cavity... hmm...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ERIC31

ERIC31

I just got the Amplug and couldn't be happier. Light, sounds great! I plug in my ipod and I'm good to go. Wandering around my house and yard playing away and not disturbing anyone is great. Day or night. ;)

Attached Files:

7. JustForSport

JustForSport

A Korg Mini is really small, runs on own batt, or USB, lots of features-
    plug in your headphones, or plug in your amp...