Download Lettuce's entire catalog for free- 2/25/14

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NicJimBass, Feb 25, 2014.

1. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Thanks!
  3. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

Come on guys, if you like the music pay for it. Seriously.
  4. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

WHERE I CLUCK TO DOWNLOADS
  5. NicJimBass

So, as a "Thank You" to all the fans, the band is allowing everyone to download all their albums for free, legally, yet, we should ignore that fact and pay for it anyway? Seriously?
  6. NicJimBass

Here: http://lettucefunk.com/complete-lett...free-download/

You have to click on the link for each album, then download each song individually. Sure, it's a little inconvenient, but they are giving their music away for free.
  7. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

Very cool. I already have their entire catalog and have wore it out. These guys are one of my favorites. I took the wife when they came through Denver, great show.
  8. David Jayne

David Jayne

Ya know what's good is, is when you read the OP and not just the title.
  9. bass12

Any fan that deserves a thanks most likely already has the albums anyway. If the band wants to give away some bonus tracks that's one thing - but the whole catalogue? That, to me, is a pathetic sign of the times.
  10. bass12

Which I did. Here it is:

"Didn't see this anywhere else on here, but the funk band Lettuce is letting everyone download all their albums for free, via soundcloud, for 24 hours only. I'm in the middle of doing it myself".

Not sure what you think I missed.
  11. baba

baba Supporting Member

You know what it is to me? A thanks to the fans on the outside, and I'm sure heartfelt, but also a great marketing tool. I turned a bunch of people on to Lettuce today via Facebook.

Bravo Lettuce!
  12. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Man, these guys are killin'...

Thanks for the heads-up, OP! I didn't have a copy of Fly...and now I do. :cool:
  13. David Jayne

David Jayne

Ok. Well, then I think you miss the point of them doing it. It's marketing. Can't make money off cds anymore anyway.
  14. TigerInATrance

TigerInATrance

Indeed... I never would have known about them if it weren't for this catching my eye.

As for paying for their music, I'm going to guess and say that they aren't necessarily paying their bills with the sale of tracks, but on playing live shows.

For my part, I will absolutely go out and see them when they roll through and, I suspect, maybe even a couple times...
  15. bass12

Especially when people get the idea that they shouldn't have to pay for music. Sad seeing musicians perpetuating this attitude.
  16. Fat Steve

Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it. Supporting Member

Didn't have ANY of their catalog until today, where they gave it to me for free. So, as a thanks to the band I will go buy a ticket and go see them at the Roxy in Hollywood. No one is getting screwed. Relax dude, everything will be okay.
  17. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

Jesus... The bass player, has a youtube video thanking the fans and supporting the download. I have seen lettuce about 10 times and Deitch, Smeenz, and Jesus are awsome guys. Deitch and some of the Shady Horns stopped by a local club for a jam while Darren was staying in a hotel for the last Pretty Lights tour.
  18. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

I already had the entire library as well, along with Soulive's stuff... LOVE these guys. I go see them any time they're in town.

As for the argument of good idea/bad, I think it shows that they recognize that they couldn't do what they do without an audience. It's a thank you to old fans, but it also gets them new fans, who then pass the word and bring in more fans. I agree that it's marketing, but it's cool marketing. To me, the cost of a few CD sales to bring in new fans that haven't even heard about them before and then spread the word might be worth it.

5sg.
  19. bass12

This whole attitude bewilders me. You're thanking the band by going to see them? Oh, you're doing THEM a favour - right, got it. It's so nice seeing musicians supporting other musicians. Incredible the sense of entitlement that is on display here.
  20. fnordlyone

fnordlyone Supporting Member

Lars? Is that you? I destroyed the hard drive with the Napster downloads, I swear! :bag:

fnord!