SOLD Dr. Bass 2x12 cab 4 ohms 45lbs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by basss, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basss

basss Supporting Member

SOLD

2x12 + horn cabinet - custom light weight build made by Dr. Bass. Great sounding cabinet - loud and portable.
    45lbs. - 24" H x 20.5" W x 15" D - 500 watts - 4 ohms - Eminence neodymium drivers - Eminence tweeter with high frequency level control
    I removed the grill logo a while back and am not able to locate it otherwise it's in excellent condition - functions perfectly and very clean
    Sale includes slip cover

$325 + shipping - no trades
    local NYC sale OK
    paypal only
    U.S. only

Attached Files:

2. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I have this cab and highly recommend it unless you want to add a cab and can't get down to 2 Ohms. Loud and great sounding. Thankfully I'm 3 hours away.
    Bump

3. cubanz

cubanz Supporting Member

I got one too and I love it! and I'd say 300 watts is way conservative.
    I believe mine is listed as 500 watts. I use one side of a Stewart World 2.1 to power it and that puts out 650 watts at 4 ohms. I never turn the Stewart up all the way but I let a guy use my rig one day and after he was done playing discovered he had cranked the Stewart full volume while he was playing - the cab didn't mind at all, sounded great and didn't bat an eye. :)

4. basss

basss Supporting Member

Jeez you guys are making it hard for me to sell this ;) Gotta agree with everything you've said - but this cab doesn't see enough use and has to go

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Can you double check that wattage rating to be sure. Had a sweet 500 watt 4 ohm neo DRB 212 back in the day and regret selling it.

7. basss

basss Supporting Member

It's rated at 300 watts. That's a conservative rating IME. I've used an Acoustic Image Focus (800 watts) and a GK MB 500 (500 watts) with it. Although I never pushed the amps to the their limits I did a couple fairly loud gigs with this cab and it never broke a sweat.

8. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Cool - Thanks

9. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I think my cab says 500 or 600 watt rating at 4 Ohms
    Will check tonight

10. basss

basss Supporting Member

OK - pulled out the cab and you guys are right. It's rated at 500 watts at 4ohms. Coulda sworn it was 300.

Attached Files:

11. basss

basss Supporting Member

Couple more pics

Attached Files:

12. basss

basss Supporting Member

Since my memory seems to be melting away I put this on the scale just to check and it looks like it's closer to 45lbs on my bathroom scale. Still what I would call light weight for a 2x12 anyway.

13. cubanz

cubanz Supporting Member

hmm, kinda interesting, there must be different model Neos in mine. checked my sticker at lunch and mine is rated 600 watts at 4 ohms. either way, a great lightweight powerhouse.

14. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

Mine weighs about the same
    Are all Dr. Bass 2x12 cabinets neo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.