1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Dr. Bass 2x12 cab 4 ohms 45lbs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by basss, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basss

basss Supporting Member

SOLD

2x12 + horn cabinet - custom light weight build made by Dr. Bass. Great sounding cabinet - loud and portable.
    45lbs. - 24" H x 20.5" W x 15" D - 500 watts - 4 ohms - Eminence neodymium drivers - Eminence tweeter with high frequency level control
    I removed the grill logo a while back and am not able to locate it otherwise it's in excellent condition - functions perfectly and very clean
    Sale includes slip cover

$325 + shipping - no trades
    local NYC sale OK
    paypal only
    U.S. only

Attached Files:

2. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I have this cab and highly recommend it unless you want to add a cab and can't get down to 2 Ohms. Loud and great sounding. Thankfully I'm 3 hours away.
    Bump
  3. cubanz

cubanz Supporting Member

I got one too and I love it! and I'd say 300 watts is way conservative.
    I believe mine is listed as 500 watts. I use one side of a Stewart World 2.1 to power it and that puts out 650 watts at 4 ohms. I never turn the Stewart up all the way but I let a guy use my rig one day and after he was done playing discovered he had cranked the Stewart full volume while he was playing - the cab didn't mind at all, sounded great and didn't bat an eye. :)
  4. basss

basss Supporting Member

Jeez you guys are making it hard for me to sell this ;) Gotta agree with everything you've said - but this cab doesn't see enough use and has to go
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Can you double check that wattage rating to be sure. Had a sweet 500 watt 4 ohm neo DRB 212 back in the day and regret selling it.
  7. basss

basss Supporting Member

It's rated at 300 watts. That's a conservative rating IME. I've used an Acoustic Image Focus (800 watts) and a GK MB 500 (500 watts) with it. Although I never pushed the amps to the their limits I did a couple fairly loud gigs with this cab and it never broke a sweat.
  8. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Cool - Thanks
  9. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I think my cab says 500 or 600 watt rating at 4 Ohms
    Will check tonight
  10. basss

basss Supporting Member

OK - pulled out the cab and you guys are right. It's rated at 500 watts at 4ohms. Coulda sworn it was 300.

Attached Files:

11. basss

basss Supporting Member

Couple more pics

Attached Files:

12. basss

basss Supporting Member

Since my memory seems to be melting away I put this on the scale just to check and it looks like it's closer to 45lbs on my bathroom scale. Still what I would call light weight for a 2x12 anyway.
  13. cubanz

cubanz Supporting Member

hmm, kinda interesting, there must be different model Neos in mine. checked my sticker at lunch and mine is rated 600 watts at 4 ohms. either way, a great lightweight powerhouse.
  14. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

Mine weighs about the same
    Are all Dr. Bass 2x12 cabinets neo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.