Dr. Bass Customer Satisfaction

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mrjim123, Sep 5, 2010.

1. mrjim123

mrjim123

Sorry if this has been covered recently, but neither "Dr." nor "Bass" are valid search terms.

Months ago there were a lot of very dissatisfied Dr. Bass customers on TB. Has Dr. Bass's delivery and quality improved since then? Does anyone feel that Dr. Bass stills owes them either a cab or a refund?

I'm asking because I'm looking for even lighter weight cabs than my Avatar 2x10's; 44 lbs. each doesn't sound like a lot but I'm 59 and my back's not going to get any better. I'm also considering a used Schroeder or two, or even one of the new GK MBE cabs (although I hate the silver grills).

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Given their history here, I'm curious as to why you would even think about Dr. Bass. There are plenty of quality light-weight cabinets out there.

3. mrjim123

mrjim123

Unless he's totally made amends I'm going to look elsewhere.

4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

+1

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There is no reason for any semi-sane person to consider Dr. Bass at all. If you search on "doctor" you will see that over a dozen people here are still waiting for either a refund or their cab, and some of them have been waiting for more than a year. Consider him dead (metaphorically).

7. mrjim123

mrjim123

That's all I need to hear. Thanks. And whether I am even semi sane is highly debatable.

8. SMUTWORLD

SMUTWORLD

9. waleross

waleross

I'm glad I never did buy from DrBass before i bought my FenderProCabs,I called the people at Acme speakers and actually spoke to the owner/pres. . He was very nice(didn't try to hustle me etc. ) and it turned out I went with something else more suitable for me. However, Acme seemed like a stand up company and I might get something from them in the future. Customer service comes first and that DrBass can make all the great cabs he wants but I'll never go in that direction......:cool:

10. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

The only way to by a Dr. Bass cabinet is used! I love my Dr. Bass 1580 cabinet that I got from a fellow TBer. Best sounding cab I have owned. It's a shame his customer service is so terrible!

11. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    He won't. It will be considered a contract dispute and the DA won't do anything. They have bigger fish to fry. But be careful in setting up protest web sites. You could end up getting yourself sued. Professional legal advice is greatly advised.

12. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

...and that's all I have to say about that...

13. iualum

iualum

14. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Call Don Oatman at Low Down Sound.

Info on website:
    Don Oatman, LDS
    ldscabs@yahoo.com
    313-205-0354

You will be a happy customer with an excellent cab.

15. SMUTWORLD

SMUTWORLD

...anyone out there who used the US Postal Service in ANY way, i.e. USPS Money Orders, or US Mail for payment, or correspondence with Dr.Ass on undelivered orders PM me and I'll provide information to get on the train with the ongoing investigation/action.

16. kesslari

kesslari Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    For the record (since the infamous Dr. B seems to be "up" again)
    here are a few threads that are worth reading.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604914

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showth...=603775

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642151

If one person was saying "I've waited a year or more, asked for a refund, and got nothing either way", you could dismiss it.
    When it's a dozen (or dozens?) of folks telling the same sequence of events, you gotta call it like it is - too ugly.

17. SMUTWORLD

SMUTWORLD

...another potential DBV (Doctor Bass Victim) averted. Good decision!
    I'll keep this up until I receive my refund. 11 months and counting.

18. bassplayer7770

bassplayer7770

That's what I was gonna say. Just say you want a lightweight 210 cab, and I'm sure Don could build you something to suit your needs.

19. bcb123

bcb123

I can't believe this! I don't get on this forum very often (obviously by what I'm about to relate), but now I feel sooo stupid. I saw a post awhile back on this forum about how good a Dr. Bass cab sounded so I googled it. I liked the look of the cabs so I went to Marc's website. I have a few extra 15's that I've been looking to find empty cabs for. The website said they have been away for a bit but were going to be going again soon. I emailed Marc to let me know when he's back online, knowing nothing about his history at all. He emailed me back a coulple of pics for 2 empty cabs and before I did any research, I used paypal to give hime 500 bucks for the pair. Now I come on the forum and it turns out he's maybe a crook! I will let you know if I receive them or not but I'm soooo bummed about not doing my research. It's just not like me to do this. Now I feel like a Basstard!

20. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    You may be okay since it's unloaded cabs. He delivers some things and I think what really caused things to snowball was that he couldn't front the money for the speakers and crossovers. Not making any excuses for him. If he doesn't deliver, file a claim with PayPal. Hopefully you didn't gift the money.

21. bcb123

bcb123

Thanks for the note of encouragement Cyber! Let's hope he is on the up and up now. He sure was enjoyable to talk with on the phone and we had a lot in common bass-wise. I had no reason to doubt him from any of the emails and then the phone conversation. I felt real good about it until I read the bad news about his past dealings with customers. I check into the paypal gift option you spoke of.