Dr. Bass: Who has received a new DRB cab recently?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by genstormbringer, Apr 7, 2011.

1. genstormbringer

genstormbringer

I love Dr. Bass cabs. I have a DRB 2460D and it is the best cab I own. I have tried others and this is it for me.

Who here has received their new DRB cab recently? Did Marc make good on his outstanding issues in your eyes?

This thread is for DRB owners keep your bashing down to a minimum unless you own one.
  2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

hmm...

i bought mine used (in like new condition) and have owned both a 212 and a 115 (sold the 115).

both are great cabs and i'd love to see that he got his business back going and did the right thing.
  3. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Gold Supporting Member

I have always been curious about these cabs, but the bashing on Marc is soooo bad that I am afraid to get one. I have worked for bad companies before, as we all have, and it's hard to advertise for a company you know is bad.

So, there is one locally I've had my eye on, though !
  4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Wrong forum but i heard that one person took delivery of a cab yesterday. That hardly equates to turning things around.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RCCollins

RCCollins

This
  7. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

I think the more important question here is, what are Marc's plans to make good on all of the existing orders that have been placed with him, and more specifically the funds that he's received and seemingly done nothing with in terms of getting a finished product to the people who put money towards said product?

I sincerely hope he's working to make the situation right.
  8. DaZombieWoof

DaZombieWoof

I would recommend used unless one was local to him. I have a 2460D, two 115D's, a 112LF, and a 112. The stuff works pretty well. Would like to see him succeed, but he has a significant burden to overcome.
  9. CapnSev

CapnSev Supporting Member

All I can tell you is that the Dr Bass brand is officially off my radar permanently simply because of the horror stories.
  10. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lakland Basses,Genz Benz
    I honestly cant believe someone would even think about ordering a cab from Dr Bass.Read all the threads before you do and make your own decision.

You have been warned.

Oh yeah-Im a former owner.Decent cab-but plenty of nice cabs out there.
  11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass Gnarsty bass tones Supporting Member

+1

I'm not here to bash Dr. Bass cabs -- I've heard they are good. But given his history, it would be utterly foolish (at best!) to put money down on one. There are LOTS of great cabs available from honest and reliable manufacturers.
  12. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    When a brand has a megathread that's been STICKIED devoted purely to people who have been (allegedly) ripped off, I think it's time to look elsewhere. This isn't bashing: I've never played one, nor will I ever, but if you have any question as to whether an order with him is a good idea, READ THE MEGATHREAD.

There's just no question.
  13. jkramer5

jkramer5

14. BigOldHarry

BigOldHarry

You'd think he'd change his company name if the word on him is so nasty...
  15. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Honestly i cant understand the sentiments expressed about hoping he gets his act together. Dude is an untrusworthy thief. People should not consider dr bass in any way. They are done as a business.
  16. Gomeztool

Gomeztool

At this point, for me to consider a Dr. Bass Cab is like me touching a fence marked electrified.
  17. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    You could liken this to: "great new investment plan from Bernie Madoff -- this time it's NOT a scam!"
  18. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging! Supporting Member

I'm one of the lucky buyers who purchased cabs from Dr. Bass at a reasonable price, and received them in a timely manner; this was several years ago, just before Marc's dealings became toxic.

I've been extremely satisfied with one of the cabs (2240 -> 2460), and find the other functional, but less than fully satisfying (1580).

That said, I've removed the Dr. Bass insignia from my cabinets, as I feel it would be irresponsible of me to suggest, even tacitly, that someone order a new cab that may never be delivered.

Caveat emptor!
  19. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I dont even look into amps , I have a GK cab and a GK800rb thats my tone and i stick with it. However even tho I dont look at amps , never read about them and never go into the amps sub-forum on here I have heard horrible things about Dr bass and would never buy from them due to that.

Why is this not in the amps section?
  20. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude Supporting Member

"I'll never steal and Lie again, and thats a promise."

Well at least He didn't change His name. Anyone who has spent time on this forum in the last two years knows not to do business with Dr. Crook, oops I meant Dr. Bass.
  21. BurningSkies

BurningSkies Supporting Member

Doctor Bass makes good on past orders threads are so 2009.

We know exactly how this goes. He sends out a small handful of cabs, gets the hopes up for people who have waited for years, scores some new orders then goes back to the screwin'.